Want an Ice armor...something

Jawbreaker

Stalkers get a really nice unique t9 in place of hibernate, and defense sets are generally great on stalkers anyhow.

Tankers have strong base values that allow you more slotting flexibility elsewhere.

For attack set, just go on a theme you enjoy. Ice melee is actually really good on stalkers too! You might consider an ice/ice stalker.

One general consideration is that Ice armor provides strong end support, so end heavy attack sets are easier to bear. I really enjoy my ice/stone tanker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Stalkers get a really nice unique t9 in place of hibernate, and defense sets are generally great on stalkers anyhow.

Scrappers get this power too with their variant of Ice Armor, and both ATs can also still take Hibernate if they go with Leviathan Mastery.

I did a Spines/Ice Scrapper a while back.  Lots of fun with ice needles flying everywhere and the extra slows from Spines made it tricky for enemies to get away even without the taunt aura.  Spines' animation times could be better though but the combo is pretty fun.  Had no trouble fighting +0x6 without Incarnates, I assume incarnates would only make it better.

Also worth noting, Ice Armor grants near immunity, if not outright immunity, to Slow effects as long as you add at least one Slow Resist IO set if you take both Wet Ice and Permafrost.  The Winter's Gift unique is enough.  Laugh at those Knives of Aritemis as you walk over their caltrops as if they don't exist.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Spine/ice scrapper became my main farm toon years ago. With scrapper  AT crit enhancement work really well with spines . Can solo almost all content +4x8. Myself and another player a year ago compared spine/ice and rad/ice both are really good, rad might take the damage crown but spines stacking slows is amazing. Rad can be colored white to look like snow FYI and spines in crystal format color blueish look like ice.

Also if your going for a ice theme character stone can be made to look like ice with crystal format and blue and white coloring. Best of luck.

Fyi Icey Bastion is arguably the best t9 armor power in game. So if you are going to play ice armor. Scrapper is the best way to go.

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Like 1

I have an ice armor/stone melee/Earth Mastery tanker that I use to farm cold. Christmas Season is his glory time.

I have a SJ/Ice stalker that is a good soloist. Easy to play, not built for teaming. It took forever to get to Energy Absorption though. An Ice/SJ scrapper or brute would be the way. Icicles and chilling embrace baby.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty