is there an option menu? Can't find "exit game" button

obrian_99

• Lead Game Master

As this is a help request and not a guide, I'm moving the topic to the appropriate section.

But as @TheZag said, you can find Options under the Status bar (default location: Upper right corner), then Exit from there.

Welcome to the game, @obrian_99!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

14 hours ago, obrian_99 said:

I noticed that pressing Esc doesn't bring anything up. How do I exit game without resorting to the task menu?

thanks ahead for your time.

You can make a macro to quit and that will put a button in your tray

/macro quit "quit$$local I am quitting"

- or just -

/macro quit "quit"

You could also go into Menu>options>keymapping and keybind the ESC-key to quit game.

By default the ESC-key isn't keybound to anything.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I use this macro:

/macro boss quit$$dialogyes

This way, your character may still be standing there looking pretty for half a minute, but at least you don't have to be watching.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

By default the backslash key is bound to open the menu, and \Q will bring up the options for exiting to character select/login screen/desktop.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...