Anyone soloing Dr Aeon SF?

DarknessEternal

I've soloed up to Vicious (Difficulty 3 of 5), I do not expect Ruthless nor Relentless to be soloable.   The hardest fights where, depending on difficulty settings: Zoe/Rodney #2, and Ripplesurge.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

11 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I cleared all the adds and then tried killing Mr. Rodney and like you said he healed, I thought Zoe was healing him. So I killed her first and Mr. Rodney was easy after that.

Turns out, this was the answer.  I thought he'd use his big heal on Zoe, but he doesn't.  And after she's dead, he doesn't use it on himself.

After completing, this isn't really a good use of time on a stalker.  Way too squishy.

I solo'd on Villainous with my EM/EA stalker.  I also got stuck on Rodney/Zoe.  But just like others mentioned, I went back and killed Zoe first.  I don't know the exact mechanics and powers they used, but that made the difference. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I made my run over 2 days, so I don't have an accurate time, but I think it took me about 4 hours of play time.  But it was also my first time running the TF and had actively avoided spoilers so I knew absolutely nothing at all going in.  

• Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Ok, starting Vicious run with the shield/nrg tank. Gonna play like a blaster and see what happens.

Edit: I obviously didn't read the instructions. Are incarnate powers supposed to be off?

Edit2: Oh... I had unslotted them all for some reason. Restart!

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

3 faceplants, 1.5 hours later, I finished the 2nd mission and called it quits.

Take something with more heals.  I'm positive you have a build that could do it from what I've seen you pull off.  I'm thinking fire, dark, bio, or rad could all do better than shield since those tohit buffs eat right through defense.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

3 minutes ago, Pzn said:

Take something with more heals.  I'm positive you have a build that could do it from what I've seen you pull off.  I'm thinking fire, dark, bio, or rad could all do better than shield since those tohit buffs eat right through defense.

Shield/Rad or Shield/DM could also work. Both bring a reliable heal to shield.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You need actual regen/heals for this.  This is what I was doing when I said that DB/SR in the Pylon thread wasn't tough enough. 

I ruled out shield at the same time.  I even tried Rad/Shield for the heal, didn't work.

EA is best armor set.  Maybe Bio would work, but I don't like the clicking and bad S/L defense.

33 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

You need actual regen/heals for this.  This is what I was doing when I said that DB/SR in the Pylon thread wasn't tough enough. 

I ruled out shield at the same time.  I even tried Rad/Shield for the heal, didn't work.

EA is best armor set.  Maybe Bio would work, but I don't like the clicking and bad S/L defense.

Electric Armor or Energy Aura? I’m assuming you’re talking about Electric, just wanted to double check!

24 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Electric Armor or Energy Aura? I’m assuming you’re talking about Electric, just wanted to double check!

Nah, betting Nrg Aura. Built-In +heal/regen with Energize.

I did run the sd/nrg tank with rebirth regen at one point, but then my end kept bottoming out from all the end drains. No win situation on that front.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Nah, betting Nrg Aura. Built-In +heal/regen with Energize.

I did run the sd/nrg tank with rebirth regen at one point, but then my end kept bottoming out from all the end drains. No win situation on that front.

Yeah, I’m a huge fan of energy aura (wish it was on tankers 😂). Was thinking of giving this a crack with my EM/Nrg Stalker. Contemplating making a DB or Claws/Eng scrapper and give it a whirl.

Although, do you think a Brute would do better at soloing it due to their aggro aura?

I’m also wondering how the new Stone Armor would fair.

1 minute ago, StriderIV said:

Although, do you think a Brute would do better at soloing it due to their aggro aura?

Pretty sure Linea's main for this stuff and 801.* is a stalker. I actually have a db/nrg scrapper that dishes out some pretty nasty damage but I do find that I have to lean on nrg drain and energize often. Obviously that would be a boon in a situation like this but it always annoyed me during pylon runs or AV fights.

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pretty sure Linea's main for this stuff and 801.* is a stalker. I actually have a db/nrg scrapper that dishes out some pretty nasty damage but I do find that I have to lean on nrg drain and energize often. Obviously that would be a boon in a situation like this but it always annoyed me during pylon runs or AV fights.

Nice man! I've always felt that that WAS the negative for /Energy Armor, not having -regen or damage aura for things like AV fights/pylon runs. However, with the +recharge on it, I feel like I can outpace the regen on AV's at least with my Stalker. 

I know Linea was going to town on his 801's with an SR and a Shield Tanker. I think Stalker has been his latest project. Energy Armor might be the best all around suited armor for the task, now just to decide what Archetype to try it on 😂

My run on Villainous was just over 2 hours, with 3 defeats. Two of them on the fight that started this thread.

Was on a Nrg/Nrg Stalker. Time could be alot better but I had to afk twice and was not using Amps. Also reading all dialogue  stuff

Spoiler

aeonsfsolo.thumb.jpg.1c1bba91df48a8dc88d1c80ddba71b4b.jpg

I am not sure why the buff bar isn't showing all my buffs in the screenie 

• Like 1

Yes, Energy Aura.  I forgot Electric armor even existed.  Resistance sets are bad.

As for brute/taunt auras: completely irrelevant.  There's only 3 spawns in the entire SF where things can run; the gold bricker lines in the last mission.

-regen is also irrelevant.  I spent enough time dying and having to come back to see that things just don't regen that fast.  The only healing that matters is Rodney's that we've discussed.

Edited by DarknessEternal
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Pzn said:

My Shield tank is a bitchin tank for Relentless Aeon.  Gotta think outside of the box.  I take Unleash Potential to amp up my defenses to real high levels should I need to plus with that high recovery I can laugh off the Smelters end debuff.  Take your One With the Shield and go Melee Core Hybrid so your resists stay capped whenever you need it.  Rebirth is a great heal to have and I go presence pool for another heal in Unrelenting and more recovery and good offensive stats.  

Shore up Shield's weaknesses of no heal and end recovery and take what it does best with resists and defense to an extra level.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Unleash Potential

And here's where I'll never be able to keep up with most of you. There's a glitch in my head that makes me feel very dirty in a bad way any time I consider Unleash Potential, Rune of Protection, Phase Shift, Adrenal Booster, Unrelenting, etc on any armor based character. There's no difference between any of those powers and tough/weave/cj. But my brain equates them to cheating in the same way I view Amplifiers and that's stupid. I know it's stupid, still can't shake it.

10 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And here's where I'll never be able to keep up with most of you. There's a glitch in my head that makes me feel very dirty in a bad way any time I consider Unleash Potential, Rune of Protection, Phase Shift, Adrenal Booster, Unrelenting, etc on any armor based character. There's no difference between any of those powers and tough/weave/cj. But my brain equates them to cheating in the same way I view Amplifiers and that's stupid. I know it's stupid, still can't shake it.

Well before I saw I needed to get more defense on my already defense capped tank I didn't feel the need for this on my cheesecake character.  

With temp powers and inspirations off you need to look to rely on your available power selection foremost.  I just applied what I do with my squishies to my tank, minus the ability of being able to power boost Unleash Potential as well but it still nets my tank 25% defense across the board, 100% recovery and 150% regen for a minute and down for about 1.5 mins.  

Mighty Leap is a great travel so there's one power down.  Weaken Resolve is a fabulous debuff when you drop the Achilles proc into it which -27% resist on target is always good for the team.  That's two quality power picks to get to Unleash Potential which is as good as any godmode selection.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pretty sure Linea's main for this stuff and 801.* is a stalker

Stalker and Scrapper both.  (StJ, EnM, etc) / EnA.  Running overlapping chained T9s as needed.   Didn't really need them until I hit Vicious.

For Villainous (1/5), I'd say just about anything can pull it off.  Probably 80% of my builds.

Malicious (2/5)  cuts that down to about 40%.

Vicious (3/5) cuts that down to less than 4, due to the AV DPS Checks, primarily on Ripplesurge, secondarily on Zoe/Rodney #2, and last on Midas #4.

Vicious

(3/5), */EnA Stalker and Scrapper both.   You really need 350+ dps, I'd say 400 dps, while maintaining def/res/ddr/rdr/regen/healing, as well as confuse/perception/to-hit.  Durable enough is probably 20% of my builds, but durable enough AND packing 400+ dps, yeah that's about 4 tops.  I have a sentinel that can survive it, but drops 150-200 dps over the scrapper.  The brute with a full durabilty build drops 100 dps over the scrapper, but IS nearly twice as durable.   A Tank that is fully durable drops 150 dps.   Either a Brute or Tank that pushes dps higher, doesn't take long till it drops durability too low.  I'm certain there IS a balance point in there where both Brute and Tank can do this, but that's a much more subtle balance than I usually aim for.  I tend to build toward extremes of either durability or damage or taunt potential, and the point you'll be looking for will be hiding somewhere in-between.  I do think that point exists, I just don't know how long it would take me to find it.

17 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Resistance sets are bad.

I took my RDR Capped Rad/Kat Tank into a solo Relentless ASF, survived nicely.  Finger-fumbled and died, but that's normal.  Mind you that build has crap dps, I wasn't actually trying to solo it or pass the DPS Checks, I just wanted to test durability of a resist set vs ASF.  Overall I'd say SLE Resist/RDR Capped Brute/Tank is viable for the ASF.  The question then becomes how to you keep RDR capped while pushing 400 dps at the same time.  That's not a question I can answer, as it's not my build style.

17 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

-regen is also irrelevant.  I spent enough time dying and having to come back to see that things just don't regen that fast. 

Assuming Vicious (3/5) or above, regen will matter at least for Ripplesurge and Midas.  I would say you can potentially ignore it elsewhere, but it is still useful if can get it, but not required.  Fubar Midas pool 3 or 4 and you'll have a much nastier fight on your hands than you potentially bargained for.

17 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Unleash Potential ... Unrelenting

Definitely worth looking into.   I've yet to get to test my SD/ vs Relentless Goldbrickers.  She runs a native 69/54/54 defense, with good but not perfect resists.  I suspect that would need to be reconfigured some for Relentless.   It's a very tough question.

Edited by Linea
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

14 minutes ago, Linea said:

Definitely worth looking into.   I've yet to get to test my SD/ vs Relentless Goldbrickers.  She runs a native 69/54/54 defense, with good but not perfect resists.  I suspect that would need to be reconfigured some for Relentless.   It's a very tough question.

Yeah my defenses are in the 50's and 75-80 when I need it with Unleash and it also fixes endurance if I get hit with a wicked debuff so it has many uses.  My natural resists are all high enough to be just about capped when using either OWTS or Melee Hybrid, even my psi resist is in the 60''s.  Being able to push my resists and defenses stupid high on my own was the goal so that it gives me some adaptability when creating teams for these runs.  

I actually recommend really looking to get Unrelenting more so than Unleash Potential.  It gives you a heal and you're already taking a taunt on the tank likely so that's one power checked off so you're just taking one power you won't ever use.  It's well worth sacrificing a power to get this heal/rez/offensive power.