Dark Astoria Zone Event

KaizenSoze

Zone events are fun at least when there are lots of players. *gives gold side a comforting hug*

Dark Astoria is a great zone, but it could be better. I don't have a solid idea yet, but a few things are bouncing around in my head.

I don't want to spoil by overuse the zombie zone event.

Moth Cemetery. Banished Pantheon attempts to summon Mot and you need to disrupt it.

You have to defend the entrance to DA from various groups. Point defense, but really need a lot of mobs to make it a fight.

Talons of Vengeance are trying to bring the radio station online and broadcast a siren song.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, KaizenSoze said:

Moth Cemetery. Banished Pantheon attempts to summon Mot and you need to disrupt it.

Or an avatar of Mot is summoned sort of like the Paladin event in KR for failure to stop in time. A new GM?

• Thumbs Up 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

There are definitely a lot of underutilized zones. Your idea made me wonder about some kind of purchasable or earnable item that a player might use to set off in certain zones. Hami in a box, sorta. Or maybe more accurately a MSR in a box.

For instance, and don't get stuck on any particular detail of this, at vet level 100 (and maybe every 50 or 100 after that) you get a token that when used in Dark Astoria creates a defendable item somewhere random on the map with hordes of undead everywhere in the zone being slowly drawn to it. Successfully defend it and everyone in zone gets... something like the end of a Hami, or maybe even a bit better since this should be sort of a rare event. I don't know. Or maybe do this in Echo: Dark Astoria instead so you don't have to worry about zone caps as much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would prefer we circle back to here AFTER doing these sorts of things to... almost every other zone. It’s actually fun to street sweep Moth Cemetary, so I don’t see the logic in crowding the one zone that is already well-used and a ton of fun. Liven up something that *needs it*.

Mot already has this huge epic storyline about being brought into this world, and the general conceit is that when it happens, the entire world will be devoured. Lord Recluse, the Kronos Titan, and like every hero in Paragon join forces to stop it. It's a little weird for that to be happening every two hours on the regular. I could see some other BP figure, though. Or the Talons of Vengeance trying to summon some GM to give them an edge, and it rampages and trashes BP mobs.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

15 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

It's a little weird for that to be happening every two hours on the regular.

It's a bit weird to see a giant dangerous octopus every time I pass through IP, but I assume they've just learned ot live with it.  😃 You could say that about any and every other GM and events, it's just how the game works, imho.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Other GMs don't have multiple arcs focused on taking them down. Like Milk Sheik says, Mot has an entire zone of contacts devoted to the story of how he is contained and made to feed on himself rather than devour the world. (Which he actually partially does in one of the arcs.) If there is going to be a Dark Astoria event, please expand into something that isn't already basically the zone's entire focus. Like the Talons of Vengeance summon something even more fearsome than the less than fearsome Mother Keres to re-anchor themselves in the world. Something not Mot.