Rad - Eye Blast Only Option

mrdeeds7

1 hour ago, mrdeeds7 said:

I love the eye beam animation in rad, and have always wanted to be able to have a Cyclops style toon - it would be awesome to be able to have the eyebeam animation available as an option for every blast power in rad. 

The way the powers work wouldn't mesh well. That would almost need to be an entirely new powerset with its own sound effects...that I would be happy to supply for the Dev team if they don't already have somebody for that.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later
On 1/23/2022 at 7:34 AM, Solarverse said:

The way the powers work wouldn't mesh well. That would almost need to be an entirely new powerset with its own sound effects...that I would be happy to supply for the Dev team if they don't already have somebody for that.

Yeah, that's the biggest issue I see here.  It would be hard to make some of them work right, and would require whole new animations to be built from the ground up.  For example, Irradiate is a PBAoE.  We have no animation right now to spin a character firing eye lasers around himself.  Don't get me wrong, we SHOULD have this, but as @Solarverse said, it seems like something that should just be a ground-up full power set.

With palm, wrist, and eye options for where the beams originate if possible.  I want my Iron-Man "one-off" spinny slice laz0rs plz. 🙃

• Thumbs Down 1

Honestly, if possible, I'd like the Beam Rifle set to have alternate animation options that are more condensed, clean, straight lasers, like X-ray Beam.  It just looks kinda messy and awkward.  I really wanted that set to feel more like the Robot laser blasts and X-ray beam when the set was announced.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AgentForest said:

Yeah, that's the biggest issue I see here.  It would be hard to make some of them work right, and would require whole new animations to be built from the ground up.  For example, Irradiate is a PBAoE.  We have no animation right now to spin a character firing eye lasers around himself.  Don't get me wrong, we SHOULD have this, but as @Solarverse said, it seems like something that should just be a ground-up full power set.

With palm, wrist, and eye options for where the beams originate if possible.  I want my Iron-Man "one-off" spinny slice laz0rs plz. 🙃

You don't need the whole set to come from the eyes, just enough that, if you want to create a character concept for it you have more than one power.

Powers that don't work: Irradiate, beach ball throw (forgot the name) and the nuke.

Powers that can work: everything else.

It’s really funny this subject came up. This thread actually includes a laser blast set, proposed to use a combo of beam rifle and praetorian clockwork blasts, each with either a hand blast or “optical blast” option. Just earlier today I responded to reup my support for that set And hopes that it would make it into the game!

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)