White face masks without the skin tone showing through

irishhawk

You can sort of fake a look similar to that via careful curation of costume pieces (Full Mask options or the Detail 1 options that cover parts of the face), but yeah, the way the color white interacts/becomes vaguely transparent with skintones in this game has been an issue for a while.

Making actual mask 'pieces' that work like Tights/Jackets rather than just being patterns painted onto the model's skin would do a lot to solve this, but that'd take a decent amount of design work. x.x

Edited by El D
  • Like 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

I'm honestly a bit boggled at the number of topics and posts on this in the last few weeks.

The fine points of costumes are fun to play with, but you really can't see them in game and certainly not during play.

• Thumbs Down 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I'm honestly a bit boggled at the number of topics and posts on this in the last few weeks.

The fine points of costumes are fun to play with, but you really can't see them in game and certainly not during play.

Do you not play in third person view, or something? I mean, yes, often your view is behind your character, but plenty of moves have them spin around, or get ragdolled, etc. It's not like you never see your own characters face in gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Fire Chief said:

but...but in our minds eye we can 😛

Yes, and in the costume creator, and we know that belt doesn't quite mesh with that armored tunic. Oh. Well.

21 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Do you not play in third person view, or something? I mean, yes, often your view is behind your character, but plenty of moves have them spin around, or get ragdolled, etc. It's not like you never see your own characters face in gameplay.

There are endless flaws and limitations in the costume creator. The current obsession, in several threads, about having super pure white skin/face, is... unhealthy. As is zooming in on  your own face a lot to look for pimples. That takes special effort, emphasis on special.

Now... I do play female toons because if I have to stare at an ass in spandex almost every minute of play...

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

What is so wrong about wanting a color choice we have to actually be the color we get?

It's mostly that there have been four threads about this in the last couple of weeks.

And that it's clearly not a matter of just adding a color to a palette, but changing how those costume pieces react to the color (not having hint colors show through, etc.)

A lot of work for that last 5% that really only shows to the player, in costume creator and while gazing lovingly at his toon's face — not to any other player or in 99% of actual gameplay. I suggest a little photoshop on formal portraits as a solution.

Other than that, nothing. Carry on, carry on.

Edited by Shenanigunner