Dumb superficial request: Fireplaces for SG bases

Black Talon

As far as in-game content goes, this is about as trivial as it can get, but this is one thing that, for me, set Manticore's mansion over and above anything that players can establish in their own bases.  I really like setting the SG base as something with a genuine "home" feel to it - e.g., Avengers mansion or the Justice League's Earthbound headquarters - and as minor the point may be, having a real (as far as "real" goes in this setting) fireplace would be a really nice touch, I think, in allowing SG bases to serve as more than just singular teleporter banks/med bays.

If there already is such an option in the SG base construction program which I've missed, I'd very much appreciate getting a look-this-way indicator as to where it might be.  Otherwise, very much hoping the Homecoming team could throw something like this into the mix.  Appreciations for the time and attention.

I dont know how many of the pieces are available to base builders but alot of these types of objects are just creative placement of sometimes much larger objects.  I think the fire is that pedestal in front of city hall and its been sunk into the floor.

It would be great to have some of these multi object decorations to have a pre-built section so they could be dropped all at once. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Talon said:

in allowing SG bases to serve as more than just singular teleporter banks/med bays.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/30-base-construction/

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Black Talon said:

As far as in-game content goes, this is about as trivial as it can get, but this is one thing that, for me, set Manticore's mansion over and above anything that players can establish in their own bases.  I really like setting the SG base as something with a genuine "home" feel to it - e.g., Avengers mansion or the Justice League's Earthbound headquarters - and as minor the point may be, having a real (as far as "real" goes in this setting) fireplace would be a really nice touch, I think, in allowing SG bases to serve as more than just singular teleporter banks/med bays.

If there already is such an option in the SG base construction program which I've missed, I'd very much appreciate getting a look-this-way indicator as to where it might be.  Otherwise, very much hoping the Homecoming team could throw something like this into the mix.  Appreciations for the time and attention.

Yes, there is a fireplace piece you can place in your bases and you can modify it to make it look even cooler.  Some examples in one of my own bases, The Slayers Keep:

Hearth1.thumb.PNG.082d4f318f97b5376b4db78aadc9bb19.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cancrusher: These look perfect, but the question remains as to where they hell they're located?  Which category can they be found under - Arcane Power, Room Details, whatall?  Please indicate as I'd like to have something that looks as damn good as you've done. 🙂

• Community Rep

Base editing can be used to create a wide, wide, WIDE variety of looks and feels. DEFINITELY can be used to create "homey" feeling places, and you can even hide the functions of the base in various places and still have it look like a home.

You can also find in the base building community: space ships, space stations, city blocks, tree houses, naturescapes, fantasy lands, underground worlds, haunted mansions, island villages, shops, coffee houses, bars, and many, many, MANY more things.

And fireplaces don't have to be quite so huge, if you don't want them to be:

screenshot_210619-05-05-34.thumb.jpg.20ec910b315dc697403210f28e5c3a54.jpg

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 1

• Community Rep
On 1/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, The_Warpact said:

Can we get roasting pit options with writhing humans or heroes on the spit? 😈

Did you see my haunted house? You can do lots of things with NPCs if you're creative enough. 🙂 Sadly, there isn't really a "writhing" pose, but some of the dance poses work in some cases. (Still actually open, go see some of what I mean in BOO-17189 on Everlasting).

But it would be AWESOME if we had some way to animate objects or NPCs so they'd circle, or walk down a path and back, or something.

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Thumbs Up 2