Command to activate/deactivate Afterburner deactivates Evasive Maneuvers When Popup Tray is Closed

BlackSpectre

Here's an oddity...

Any command to activate or deactivate Afterburner while the travel popup tray is closed (Fly is off) inexplicably deactivates Evasive Maneuvers. 

Tested with both powexecname and Powexectoggle_on/off

Correct behavior should be... nothing.

Aside from wreaking havoc on various binds (e.g. /powexectoggleoff Afterburner$$powexectoggleon Evasive Maneuvers), it also affects players while using Hover.

HOWEVER, the correct behavior does occur if the travel popup tray has been previously disabled by a visit to Null the Gull. 

Edited by BlackSpectre

The internal name for evasive maneuvers was left as afterburner so every player with the power wouldnt be forced to respec when the flight pool was changed.  When the power is in your tray the game checks the display name first and uses that power.  If the power isnt in your tray then the game checks the internal name and then uses that power.  That is why commands using afterburner when it isnt in your tray are messing with evasive maneuvers instead.

Try using flyboost or fly_boost to activate afterburner instead.  I 'think'  thats the internal name for afterburner now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The pop-up tray isn't bad in itself; hiding powers that are only available when another power is active frees up space for powers that are always available. What I'd like to be able to do is put macros into the unused slots of the tray, so that I could create macros for specific Translocation uses that would only be visible when Translocation was available, rather than taking up space all the time.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, TheZag said:

The internal name for evasive maneuvers was left as afterburner so every player with the power wouldnt be forced to respec when the flight pool was changed.  When the power is in your tray the game checks the display name first and uses that power.  If the power isnt in your tray then the game checks the internal name and then uses that power.  That is why commands using afterburner when it isnt in your tray are messing with evasive maneuvers instead.

Try using flyboost or fly_boost to activate afterburner instead.  I 'think'  thats the internal name for afterburner now.

Thanks a bunch, @TheZag!

Flyboost doesn't work, but fly_boost does.

Out of curiosity, what are the internal names for the other popup travel tray powers?

• 2 weeks later
On 2/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, BlackSpectre said:

Thanks a bunch, @TheZag!

Flyboost doesn't work, but fly_boost does.

Out of curiosity, what are the internal names for the other popup travel tray powers?

My bad,  i didnt check back.  Most internal names match the power.

Translocation - Translocation

Double Jump - Double_Jump

Speed Phase - SpeedPhase

If you look up a power in city of data and scroll down to where all the code is,  the first line says name and that is the powers internal name.  A few lines down is display name and that is the name we see on the power.  Most of the time they are the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later