Moving conversations in CoH

Snarky

28 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

More than half the people who come on here don't even use the search function and still ask the same questions over and over again. So saying it can't be good for people trying to get an answer is laughable at best

I'm not talking about people looking for specific threads. I'm talking about someone asking a question in General, getting some halfhearted attempt at an answer, having the thread moved to the "correct" section (still unanswered), then no one replies to it and it only gets 2 more views before it's months old and no longer relevant.

I don't really care if things get moved or not, I'm just describing what I see happen more often than not when a thread gets moved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

4 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I'm not talking about people looking for specific threads. I'm talking about someone asking a question in General, getting some halfhearted attempt at an answer, having the thread moved to the "correct" section (still unanswered), then no one replies to it and it only gets 2 more views before it's months old and no longer relevant.

I don't really care if things get moved or not, I'm just describing what I see happen more often than not when a thread gets moved.

This.  In a nutshell

Let us get a little honest here.  This is not the most popular game in the world.  It does not get a lot of traffic.  New users to the forum are probably going to poke around general and one or two interesting boards.  Old users are going to come to General and a couple sub boards they follow.  When a thread gets “properly categorized” it is moved to the correct spot in the cemetery.  If it is not dead when it is planted it soon will be

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

This.  In a nutshell

Let us get a little honest here.  This is not the most popular game in the world.  It does not get a lot of traffic.  New users to the forum are probably going to poke around general and one or two interesting boards.  Old users are going to come to General and a couple sub boards they follow.  When a thread gets “properly categorized” it is moved to the correct spot in the cemetery.  If it is not dead when it is planted it soon will be

That's your opinion.

When I look for stuff, specifically builds, AT threads, Badges, etc I sure as hell don't start in General discussion.

Now does that mean all threads should be categorized? No there are threads in General now discussing procs, powers, etc and they are doing just fine.

If its a specific question regarding a specific section then in needs to be put in the proper section. If its anything thing else aka grey area, doesn't fit, etc then it stays.

The Dark Armor thread got moved big deal, it dealt with information across the board on the melee classes and got put in a section dealing with such things. It did fine 20 responses 325 views, and the world didn't end.

But, something new happened and ole Snarky got riled up because he didn't know a section existed it affected you directly because you had interest in the thread and now here we are.

Stuff gets moved everyday and has been getting shifted around, didn't hear anything about all that until you perceived it as a problem.

Its not let it slide, because at the end of the day its not our game, nor our forum, we are guests and if our hosts decide something needs moved, changed, whatever then that's their decision. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I don't like the idea of wasting the devs limited time, but if they did away with the 'secret' archetypes forum, rename the "Archetypes" category to "Powers and Archetypes" then create a generic "Powers" subforum right there ahead of 'Blasters' in the treeview, then fill that with the crap that keeps getting moved out of general, I think that would go a long way towards getting these discussions hammered into the right subforum at the outset, and give the GMs more time to do more important GMstuff.

Maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 2/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, Albion said:

Snarky is like 10000 years old, stop moving things around damnit, it's confusing him.

Well, true, if he's that old then technology probably is quite confusing.  A "search" probably is perceived as involving villagers combing the cemetery with pitchforks and torches.

• Haha 2