A Case Study in Probability: Endgame

Yomo Kimyata

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

So what would I do if that happened!? I'd need to make about 300 more characters pretty damn quick! Not to mention, when you step away from a niche, things change! I just checked - PvP recipes are ALL selling for more than 2.5M, up from the usual 1.5-1.8M. And they're barely holding price on crafted IOs at 8m. Someone is being competitive, as @Yomo Kimyata likes to talk about. And he's right. It's good for the community for folks to get more for the recipes and for other folks to pay less for the crafted IOs. But I digress..

And here I was thinking that was you coming in to reclaim your space with a heavy hand!  Maybe I'll ease up on selling into the space...

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

On 3/11/2022 at 2:47 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

And here I was thinking that was you coming in to reclaim your space with a heavy hand!  Maybe I'll ease up on selling into the space...

Nah, keep doing what you're doing. If my math is right, everybody wins. 

I never have been nor ever will be anywhere near the class of some here.  I just don't have the motivation.  I think I have liquid probably 1 bil across all 30ish of my toons and a stack of purples sitting in my main because for some reason at some point I was obsessed with collecting purple recipe drops.  Not buying.  Not crafting.  Just keeping what dropped for some reason.  Now that my in game time has taken a nose dive I'll probably never really get back into the groove unless major updates come in terms of both legal status and game content.  But for what it is worth it has certainly been enjoyable to get to play around in a fictional economic system that isn't always being upset by whims of the devs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2022 at 12:22 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

You may draw your own conclusions from this.  I have to go ice my clicking finger.

I thought about this for a hot minute and decided to see what would happen if I financed an entire build using this method.

My new Ice tank is currently at level 22 and has a constant flow of income by patiently clicking and converting for about 15 minutes before or after each session. My current liquid assets are at 55M but this is the remaining profit after buying 6 basic ATOs (50M total) and a single Winter IO (20M). I also have about a dozen freshly converted IO just waiting for their slots to show up in my build. In the end I plan on having about 9 purples to finance but I'm not so sure that's going to be a difficult thing at this point.

I'm generally one of those players that's flat broke because of my notorious lack of patience (or farming) in general. This is kind of fun. I'll give you an update when I get near 50 so we can see if this method is viable but so far it looks like it is.

Edited by PluckySidekick
Accuracy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

There are 9 categories that will guarantee a rare from an uncommon with one conversion.

Hello. Recently returned player mucking about in the Homecoming market for the first time. Where could I find a list of these 9? I tried to sort it myself from an old CoH wiki, and it looks like the travel powers might be four of them, but I could be wrong and I can’t find the other five even if I’m right. 

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Fractured said:

Hello. Recently returned player mucking about in the Homecoming market for the first time. Where could I find a list of these 9? I tried to sort it myself from an old CoH wiki, and it looks like the travel powers might be four of them, but I could be wrong and I can’t find the other five even if I’m right. 

Thanks!

You're on the right track!  Start here (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Sets) as I suspect you already did.  Then check by category to see which sets only have one uncommon set at level 25.  I'd rather help you figure it out than to give it to you, but you are dead right that the travel powers are four of them.  Hint:  no damage powers.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!