AE Badges

Snarky

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I thanked too early, thats not a step by step guide.  thats the list lol.  I have a list....

Oops!
Sorry... I did not know what you were looking for exactly. 
If you scroll down, it does tell you how to earn them, and in what sequence. ( I was wrong.)
What other hand holding do your wizened claws require?

Edited by Vulpoid
Attempt at guidance.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

is there a guide?

What badge or badges do you have questions about.  I have all but one AE badge so far.

17 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

Oops!
Sorry... I did not know what you were looking for exactly. 
If you scroll down, it does tell you how to earn them, and in what sequence.

um, no, it's simply a sequential list of how they are listed in the game database.  It gives no guidance about getting them in any order.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I muse, as I inspect the list, that it is the creating, testing, and publishing of an arc that I might have difficulties with.  Do we have an AE section on these boards? lol

This is very easy.  Create a single mish arc.  The Orange warning text on the upper right corner tells you all you need to complete to make it work.  Just click on the orange text, and it will take you to the part you need fix. 

Basically, pick a small map, a foe to fill the map, and then add in a single objective - like  click a glowie.  Fill in required text - don't have to get fancy... just put "test" in each field.  Then Test the mish - get your badge.  Publish it - get your badge.  (Then unpublish it so others don't find it and think it's something.)  lol  

There are also badges for testing an arc with a rescue or kidnap, destroy and object, and dying while in test mode. You could put all of those in the same mish, if you wanted to do it all at once.  Once you publish, you get badges for doing those thing in "published" mode too.

There is also a badge for testing with a team of 8.  

And yes, there is an AE section on the forums.

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Thanks 1

Just one suggestion, when you place your single object use the front location option so you can just enter mish go a few yards and the glowie is there, not even any fighting to do.

PS Voltor has confirmed just a couple of days ago that to get the “Amongst Friends” badge, which is the 8 man team one, that only the mission holder has to enter the mission and all 8 get the badge even if the others are in a different zone. So form up and enter, job done, real quick.

Edited by Jacktar
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 3/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, Snarky said:

I muse, as I inspect the list, that it is the creating, testing, and publishing of an arc that I might have difficulties with.  Do we have an AE section on these boards? lol

Actually, the most annoying to get is Among Friends, just because you need to get a full team.  (Although as Jacktar pointed out, only the mission creator has to enter the mission and everyone gets the badge.  I can confirm this.)  That one wasn't the most time-consuming for me as I chose to write a full-length arc to get most of the badges.  I came up with the idea back on live, but never got around to writing it.  Doing a full arc and writing all the dialog is really tedious.  I wrote an origin story for Mark IV (the tech contact in Founders Falls).

If you need help with any of these badges, I have them all and I have 3 accounts.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.