Digging for Desdamona

Redletter

I feel like this may not EXACTLY be the place for this, but it is AE content? I guess?

In my never ending quest for plaguing the devs with costume piece requests, ive finally discovered AE's ability to view and edit certain character models. This has made my quest MUCH easier, so I dont need to run around, trying to fanagle my camera to get a good view of a chacter model.

Now, my search brings me to Desdamona, a character I've heard a lot about but have never seen. I looked for her under the various Praetorians, Resistence, and Arachnos sets but she'd nowhere to be found (or maybe im blind). Whatever the case, I feel like i'd ask you good people if you know if she's even there at all.

Resident certified baby

I just looked myself.  Apparently, Desdemona is not in AE as an option, sadly.  (Didn't see Maelstrom either.)

She can be found in alignment tip missions and in the iTrials.  Check out:  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Desdemona for the tip missions you can find her in.  The pic of her on the site isn't very good, unfortunately.  

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I just looked myself.  Apparently, Desdemona is not in AE as an option, sadly.  (Didn't see Maelstrom either.)

Huh... you're right! Maelstrom isnt in there either. Weird, seeing as how like... how he shows up quite a bit and isnt he like, the reason Duel Pistols even exist as a powerset?

Wild... anyway, thanks FB!

Resident certified baby

Ive found a good portion of enemies from itrials arent available in AE or if they are,  they are only available as bosses and not elite bosses.  AVs with scripted abilities are off the menu but if they have a 'normal' version in the game then that is usually available.  Maria Jenkins AVs are available but itrial ones arent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redletter said:

...Maelstrom... ...isnt he like, the reason Duel Pistols even exist as a powerset?

Hmm...I don't know... I normally wouldn't say Maelstrom is the reason we have Dual Pistols, since Malta Gunslingers have had them from the start.  While they aren't at Maelstrom's level, I do remember many people asking for Dual Pistols long before Going Rogue (and thusly, Maelstrom) came out.  But, perhaps Maelstrom was the catalyst to make it all happen.

13 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Hmm...I don't know... I normally wouldn't say Maelstrom is the reason we have Dual Pistols, since Malta Gunslingers have had them from the start.  While they aren't at Maelstrom's level, I do remember many people asking for Dual Pistols long before Going Rogue (and thusly, Maelstrom) came out.  But, perhaps Maelstrom was the catalyst to make it all happen.

He might be the reason Martial Arts is a blaster secondary though?  (My remembering of when sets blurs over the last 18 years...)

10 hours ago, lemming said:

He might be the reason Martial Arts is a blaster secondary though?  (My remembering of when sets blurs over the last 18 years...)

Could be.  But it /Martial Combat for blasters came to us in issue 24 right before the game closed, which is significantly later than issue 18 when Going Rogue came out.  But he could have been an influence.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Dual pistols lite" was on MM Thugs first I think, but I do believe Maelstrom an Dual pistols appeared at about the same time.

I made a "as close as I could get facsimile" of Desdemona for some my arcs, but she definitely has some unique pieces and is not in AE. And maybe in my arcs it was just laundry day?

• Haha 2

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc