Auto-hit Powers

Griffyn

It's definitely not as easy as that.

So, Sleep effects are all auto-hit in pve, but if a power has both sleep and damage, the damage will still have a to-hit roll.

I believe that powers like smoke grenade and flash arrow are also both auto-hit (I think procs in an auto-hit power will still have a to-hit roll before they apply their chance for whatever it is they do).

Basically, I think that if it does damage, it has a to-hit roll, but that's not to say if it doesn't do damage, it doesn't have a to-hit roll.

Edited by Major_Decoy

I'm not sure if it applies to every single power, but in general partial autohit powers are arranged like this on City of Data:

image.thumb.png.f46bc2df1c763570c78e27d70174e035.png

Flash Arrow is a specific example of a case where the check happens if target is a player. There are some other powers that check for other things. E.g. Hot Feet's slow effect is autohit, but the damage component rolls Accuracy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Some powers create “pseudo pets” that are game effects that are auto hit.  Others require accuracy checks….

The easiest way for me is to open mids.  Look at the power. Does it have a base accuracy?   If no then it is …probably…. Auto hit.  

Thanks all. I'll have to do some research. I missed the autohit section on CoD and I now see that there is an asterisk on Flash Arrow in Mid's. However, there isn't one for Poison Gas Arrow but CoD has it as autohit.

This really should be spelled out better in the game. I know that there are many casual players who are PvE only but who are slotting Accuracy.

8 hours ago, Griffyn said:

Thanks all. I'll have to do some research. I missed the autohit section on CoD and I now see that there is an asterisk on Flash Arrow in Mid's. However, there isn't one for Poison Gas Arrow but CoD has it as autohit.

This really should be spelled out better in the game. I know that there are many casual players who are PvE only but who are slotting Accuracy.

PGA is an odd case. The -dmg component is autohit. The sleep component, which is created by a pseudo-pet is not.

• Like 1

Uun is correct. Poison Gas Arrow is a very strange power. The -Damage component only applies to the initial cast, and is autohit. The Sleep portion pulses every 2.5 seconds and rolls Accuracy.

Personally I just throw a Chance for Self Heal in PGA and ignore the Sleep entirely.

Edited by oedipus_tex