Costume/Characters with unique power combinations

pawstruck

As much as I know the playstyle of a Fire/Fire blaster would be fun, I just can't bring myself to be so... normal.

I admire strange combinations; even more so when a character concept/backstory can thread together what seem like disparate power sets to make a great toon. Do you guys have any odd combinations that you're particularly proud of? Extra ❤️ if you have a cool backstory.

Now I'm not the best character creator, but I figure I'd better put up a few of mine to get us started... so don't laugh at me!

Deadmarch.png

Deadmarch - Dark/Sonic Defender: A melancholic master organist who inadvertently tapped into the netherworld through music.

Raynor Shine.png

Rainor Shine - Radiation/Electric Defender: A weather mage who both literally and metaphorically got too close to the sun when he attempted to build a palace in the sky.

Extra-Life.png

Extra-Life - Beam Rifle/Ninja Training Blaster: A master programmer who designed the ultimate video game world... and then inserted himself as the main character! Unfortunately he tried out an experimental virtual reality helmet that imprisoned his consciousness in the game, and he found out the hard way that reality is not subjective. He eventually used the game's internet access to partially re-establish himself in the real world, along with many of his video-game powers. (One of my favorites!)

Exocell.png

Exocell - Psychic Melee/Willpower Scrapper: An alien species of microbe, each of which has incredible psychic abilities. When gathered-together in sufficient numbers, these creatures join themselves together into a single macro-organism with unified consciousness... and super-psychic-powers!

Mechapouncer.png

Mechapouncer - Savage Melee/Bio Armor Stalker: A covert-ops assassin who was infected with experimental nanobots. These nanobots had been programmed to infect and catalogue data on predatory creatures from across the galaxy. (Character cycles through various forms, serpentine, avian, definitely-not-furry-feline, etc.)

Edited by pawstruck
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

This is my Plant/Kin, "Green-Energy," I really wanted to put a little tree on his head, but I settled for a Roman flourish colored green.

image.thumb.png.9eda007225b31c950a62897fdb8f3d94.png

"Snow Watt." A Bots/Cold Mastermind. With robots named Grumpy, Doc, etc.

image.png.193a686d882a40cf6d7d98e261b3c5ef.png

"Tweetstorm." I've used this costume for a few various Storm runs. He uses the bat aura colored Twitter-blue.

image.thumb.png.f7234b089559a861710e13ac90aa1129.png

"Meal Deal" who has been a few varieties of Fire, Radiation, and Poison sets. One day I'll settle on an actual identity for him!

image.thumb.png.32efbb44dc2dc6dc1708eb97720456d1.png

"Pinball Mattachine" 

image.thumb.png.15a8b810abf1c6afb4365ce6ca8b11b4.png

"Gender Reveal Artie" is a Fire/Traps Corruptor.

image.thumb.png.edfe823bf75b161855ddf528fc6796be.png

"Sarcopha-Guy" who I swear one day I'll commit to a powerset. Rerolled many many times after discovering I didn't like how particular armor particle effects layer on the costume. One day...

image.thumb.png.fd3fef73289a24bc775edbceeb0cffa6.png

And my namesake, Oedipus Tex himself, in case you've ever wondered what the figure in my logo looks like life size. Currently a Earth/Savage Dominator.

image.thumb.png.adb1ac575c51206ac13af6d1c0c3698f.png

And of course Lisa Frankenfurter, who thanks to Homecoming's efforts to bring us Electric Affinity finally has a life as Beam Rifle/Electric Affinity Corruptor.

image.thumb.png.3c8e7015650af54ff8e3fba34f58755c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

You do realize there is a whole thread dedicated this right?

So there's only allowed to be one thread on costume designs, and it can't be any more specific than "Post your best costume here!"?

(Honestly asking, but any attitude taken is probably rightly perceived...)

• Like 1

It was an honest question if you look in the Art & Multimedia section you will see plenty of threads such as this.

I was merely pointing the way to be appreciated by others that get into costume design, etc.

Sorry if your feathers got ruffled.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Rainor Shine is a good costume for in game.

I, probably like most players, make my costumes to look good up close in the costume editor.  But in game people do not see the small details.  They see the outline and big patches of color.  So Rainor Shine will look good and standout in game. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, oedipus_tex said:

"Meal Deal" who has been a few varieties of Fire, Radiation, and Poison sets.

Hey, I think he would get along well with my Rad/Poison corruptor (well, maybe - this guy's a villain):

rfd.thumb.jpg.7b9cdc16774c1a322231022d3625fc0e.jpg

Borden Jamsey is an unsuccessful chef. So unsuccessful, in fact, that he has turned bad food into an art form. He refuses to follow food safety rules, and he cooks everything in the microwave. Basically, he's going to give you food poisoning, even if you don't eat his food. His name?

Recipe for Disaster!

(I actually don't play this guy much at all. I mainly created him for the joke.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Jury-rigged, my "Pollution" / Traps junkbot probably falls into this category. 

juryrigged.thumb.png.2ce0fc7dce655c8eb73a276ab1514a7f.png

"No-one is quite sure where this belching, rickety collection of random Clockwork & Nemesis parts came from or why it wanders around Paragon fighting crime using bits of itself which fall off and explode. Was it a demented experiment by the Clockwork King, some mad scheme of Lord Nemesis or a Slag Golem which has started adding random bits of tech to itself like a caddis-fly larva?"

Ice / Traps / Sorcery / Stone epic with Fold Space, recoloured all the ice & sorcery powers to look like smog and oily spills. 

image.png.850d4698342a91abff268ef33e6c2cbb.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1