Power Visual FX Customization: More minimal FX options

Please allow for more Minimal FX power customization for tankers Brutes and scrappers.

I would like a minimal FX version for Fiery Aura, Dark Armor and Radiation Armor.

It would be nice to both play my character and be able to see my character.\

I spent a lot of time on a costume and cant see it at all.

Thanks in advance.

Foxbat

I would like, at least, a "less-FX" option for Fire, Stone, Electricity, etc.

For example, maybe the first toggle in the set (the basic S/L toggle) has the effects, but the other powers in the set have a no-FX option.

(Or is there a way to work it so that you can override power effects with aura effects?  e.g., if I use the Electric Aura costume piece, then I can shut off the Electric Armor effects?)

While we're on the subject, can we get a No-FX option for Stealth?  I don't mean removing the fading (though some might like that, too), but removing the weird glow around the character.  (It is nice that we can color the weird glow, but I don't think "stealth" should make you glow at all)

.... actually, now that I think about it, could we get a "Minimal Fade" option for most stealth powers?  Where you still fade, but only a little bit, so you can still see your own character - like the transparency of Stealth (or the Live version of Panther Stealth) rather than the near-invisibility of Field Operative.  Just because your character is "ICly" invisible to the enemies doesn't mean they should also be "OOCly" invisible to the player.

I'm guessing the difficulty here would probably be adding new options to the costume UI rather than the actual visual effects (or lack thereof).

• 4 weeks later

I would really just like to add  my support for this. I'd honestly take it further and have the ability to totally switch off any type of FX at all for things like  Fiery  Aura and Ice Armor. With a great costume creator people want to be able to see/show off their work, an d this just ruins that totally. Always been one of my pet peeves about the game.

Thanks for listening.

While we're on the subject, can we get a No-FX option for Stealth?  I don't mean removing the fading (though some might like that, too), but removing the weird glow around the character.  (It is nice that we can color the weird glow, but I don't think "stealth" should make you glow at all)

I'm not sure whose idea it was to have the Starburst Glow effect when using the Stealth Pool Power, but I'd guess it was an entertaining staff meeting.

The ability to turn the aura off completely would be great. 

Last I checked, there was no minimal FX option for Afterburner.  For the rest of the Flight set, yes, but not Afterburner.

This is particularly annoying because the FX trigger whenever the player moves while the power is toggled on.  Yes, including when the character is grounded, on foot.

While I'm at it, has anyone looked at making Prestige Sprint Slide recolorable and/or minimum FX?  There are some characters for whom I like the animation/pose, but the bright and unalterably pink glow is an issue.

(And way, way out there would be being able to recolor the Void Skiff - which is basically just an Energy Shield that you ride around on - or the Rocket Board, etc etc.)

bump for my own post, and a thought on the one above it:

I suspect the glow/aura was added to Stealth because the devs thought that without it, it would be too easy for the player to lose track of their nearly-transparent character amid all the other visual noise of power FX etc.  But if people want it and are willing to take that risk, I see no reason to stop them.

While we're at it, how about a Minimal Effect Psychic Everything?

That way I can do mind blasts that just have the sound traveling towards my target instead of the wibbly wobbly pink dart?

It would definitely look more like mind-blasting if people got blasted back without the particle effects, and would definitely make the various Psionic Sets stand out a heck of a lot more.

I'd actually -use- Psionic Melee that way!