Best Lore pet for Demon/EA

Xandyr

Hey all. Just wondering if there's any other demo /EA mms out there that can offer some insight.  I currently went with Raluuru (sp?) mainly because I never used them before. Wondering if there'd a better Lore pet to take.

I'm kinda leaning towards Storm Elementals for the extra -recovery, plus I just think they look good. 

What do you all take? And yes, I know it's all up to me and whatever theme I'm going after, but was just looking at what would best compliment them or plug any holes/make them even more survivable or increase damage.

Appreciate it!

- X

I went with BP for the theme of unholy fun, COT demons suck as a lore pet if you're thinking that they would fit better as "demons".

Storm elementals are large hideous clouds of annoyance, think the Color out of Space the Nick Cage version not the Lovecraft short story.

Wasn't terribly impressed with Rularru either, typically I go with BP. Some people like Longbow but I'm vehemently against terrorist organizations.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

32 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I went with BP for the theme of unholy fun, COT demons suck as a lore pet if you're thinking that they would fit better as "demons".

Storm elementals are large hideous clouds of annoyance, think the Color out of Space the Nick Cage version not the Lovecraft short story.

Wasn't terribly impressed with Rularru either, typically I go with BP. Some people like Longbow but I'm vehemently against terrorist organizations.

But...but...but...Storm is PRETTY!  

• Like 1

Lores shouldn't be used to "fill in" any holes given the long recharge times.  So to Compliment what you have you're already there... 

• Storm Elementals - I actually like the Storm Elementals, both Core and Radial.  Good damage, end drain, and buffs can be good.
  • Rularuu are great, especially with the -Def the do.  Also are "other worldly" so it fits the summoning "demons' from another plane concept.
  • Banished Pantheon are also great, but EVERYBODY seems to take because of the Sleet debuff they do - can't go wrong there, but I hate being a lemming and following the crowd (That's just me, though - no judgment if you take them!  I have them on a character too).  (Longbow, mentioned above is similar to BP in that Lots of people take it too because of the healing aura and the Cataphract does really good damage, but they are boring and don't fit your concept.)
  • Talons of Vengeance - Radial has the best buff of the Lores (+Def to all, +Res to all, +Recov, + Rech, and Heal over time), but it's not a perma buff, though.  They also do good damage.  Also fits the concept of summoning creatures from a different plane.
  • Knives of Vengeance - also have great buffs to consider as well and deal good damage.  Concept-wise, might be more like summoning Angles to go with your demons?  Or maybe you might think they're demons too?
  • Carnies - you get a Seneschal that sits fire that could fit thematically, if you wanted.  Maybe they're clowns from hell?!  🙂 
  • Demons - are ok and could fit thematically-wise.  As above mentioned, they are "meh," in my opinion.  But could be viable.  

These are some that I think might go well.  

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 2

As others have mentioned I usually take Banished with my Demons - they fit thematically as well as mechanically. But if you don't wish to there are other options. I am fond of longbow as well as the are all ranged and should pair well with demons melee focus. I suppose the bigger questions is if you the MM in question prioritize theme, enjoyment, effectiveness, uniqueness, or a combination of them. But I have seen people do some very creative things, such as the polar light pets and rping them as wil-o-wisps and the like.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Frozen Burn said:

• Rularuu are great, especially with the -Def the do.  Also are "other worldly" so it fits the summoning "semons' from another plane concept.

uhhhhh….are we talking COH or some other game entirely?

7CE4E98A-2E74-40AF-BBBB-E2121D2520EA.jpeg

Edited by Crysis