Optimizing Seeker Drones

AspieAnarchy

Seeker Drones do 3 Enhanceable things:

- disorient

- to-hit debuff

- damage

My question is simple: What are the options available for optimizing in any of these three directions?

Also, I suppose I should ask whether this question varies at all with Archetype.

For what it's worth, I use the word "optimize" with some hesitancy, since I've long associated it with dogmatic bean-counters/"powergamers" who claim there is one "best" way to do anything - however, in this context, it is appropriate.

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

-ToHit usually, a dark watchers or cloud senses for recharge bonus. Traps loves recharge. Don't think procs work in them btw.

If you've got another stun (say a fire/traps or dark/traps controller) I could see sense in slotting them for follow up / layered extra stun.

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Don't think procs work in them btw.

This would be a problem; why not?

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

Procs on pets is weird, not sure about seeker drones, but in general they aren't great.

Back to the original question, on all my trappers I slot 4x the accurate to-hit debuffs that gives recharge at 4 slots.

The damage is pathetic and the stun is unreliable

What this team needs is more Defenders

I’ve a few trappers and I’ve never once seen procs go off from Seeker Drones.  I even went over to test server once and tried a bunch of different slotting techniques and really didn’t find anything that delivered any ‘oomph’ worth throwing into them.

Honestly, their best function is alpha eating.  Just summon them on the target and they pull the aggro and alpha.  Then finish up the fight.  

I’ve yet to find any other value for them other than this, or as perhaps a set mule if youve got slots to spare.

5 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

This would be a problem; why not?

Dunno, I didn't write the code but it's true of Seekers and Trip Mine. They work fine / really well in Poison Gas Trap.

it's a bit weird.

I've two trappers, I have Seekers on the Thugs/Traps. Skipped then on my Ice/Traps controller as I'd better things to try (Sorcery pool)

Edited by Carnifax

5 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Procs on pets is weird, not sure about seeker drones, but in general they aren't great.

What about [[Soulbound Allegience: Chance for Build Up]]???

Back to the original question, on all my trappers I slot 4x the accurate to-hit debuffs that gives recharge at 4 slots.

I'm literally having a hard time understanding what I'm reading here; could you please rephrase?

21 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Dunno, I didn't write the code but it's true of Seekers and Trip Mine. They work fine / really well in Poison Gas Trap.

In which would you sooner put the [[Armageddon]] set, then: Trip Mine or Poison Gas Trap?

Well you only need 5 Armageddon for the recharge bonus so you can slot 5 bar the proc into Trip Mine. 6th is a Sudden Acceleration kb2kd anyway since I want them to stay put. Although I'm cheap so I use 5 Oblits + 1 kb2kd instead. I rarely do masses of purples in my builds. 

PGT won't take Damage sets. So if you really want the Armageddon some other PBAoE if you have them (Soul Drain if you're a Controller would do, on a Defender or Corruptor you may have other PBAoEs from the Blast set). I usually go 4 Hold damage procs, the Lockdown proc and a +5 recharge IO on Poison Gas Trap. You could go 4 damage and 2 recharge IOs alternatively)

If you're going to that level of detail we'd need to know what AT and sets you're thinking of for a clear answer. I only took Seekers on my Thugs / Traps as an alpha absorber. Caltrops, Seekers and Triage Beacon are 3 powers I consider marginal in Traps (have them on the MM, skipped them all on the Ice/Traps because I wanted to fit Sorcery in along with Fold Space and 4 powers from the Stone Epic). 

Edited by Carnifax

My Traps character is an Illusion/Traps Controller; I don't like not using full sets.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AspieAnarchy said:

My Traps character is an Illusion/Traps Controller; I don't like not using full sets.

Up to you.

I slot for the good set bonuses and the Purple 6 slot bonus is meh for most of my characters. I mean I'd 6 slot the Purple Confuse set because +5 Ranged Def is nice. Would never 6 slot Armageddon because +6 Toxic / Psi resist isn't needed, 5 slots gives me all the good bonuses and I can use the slot for something else.

I'll happily frankenslot something like PGT because it procs well (Trip Mine and Seekers the thing doing the damage / triggering the proc dies in the process which is probably what's breaking procs in them. PGT dies and creates the thing triggering the procs, which is two effects, one called "initial_poison_gas" and a poison gas patch. Both of those child powers do Hold so that's why PGT procs well, thanks to the initial_poison_gas). 

On my Illusion I've used more Purples than I normally would, because Illusion likes recharge too for close-to-perma PAs (and she's my main). However perma PAs make Seekers pretty redundant to my mind.

Pro-tip

Decimation - chance for build up goes very well in seeker drones and it will proc almost every activation. Great on defenders/corruptors

For those 2 ATs I slot seeker 3 piece whatever ATO set that gives the 10% recharge bonus and the decimation proc.

• Thanks 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

The Force Feedback +recharge proc works in Trip Mine and goes off almost every time.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

I'm literally having a hard time understanding what I'm reading here; could you please rephrase?

Sorry, wasn't at my computer so I couldn't remember the name of the set.

4x Cloud Senses (an accurate To-hit debuff set) gives 6.25% recharge, that's usually what I slot in my Seeker Drones.

What this team needs is more Defenders

11 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

I don't like not using full sets.

Your loss.

And don’t slot the Armageddon proc in anything in Traps, it’s a waste. 

I’d say slot Overwhelming Force and Force Feedback procs plus non-procs in Trip Mine or skip it entirely. Damage procs are bad in it.

Only Poison’s Poison Trap takes damage enhancements.

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1