Green Lantern Hero!

StriderIV

I thought this would be a fun discussion! How would you build a Green Lantern hero in COH?

I started thinking about it because I made an alternate Green Lantern costume for my Psi/Shield Scrapper. Works out pretty well with a green energy shield and the psi blades colored  green!

Another potential combo was a Rad/Rad Defender. Ton of green naturally, but you could make it work =P Force Field could also be an option.

With the right re-colors, I could see an all-human Peacebringer fitting well.

What about you? What archetype/powersets would you use for a Green Lantern Corp member?

Edited by StriderIV

The problem is that GL's construct things with their energy.  The closest Green Lantern to what's available in our game would probably be John Stewart who tends to use more energy blasts than constructs.

Now one thing that might bring it closer is if one could somehow disconnect the object-flinging power Propel from Gravity Control, then plug it into whatever powerset you settle upon, then get the ability to color as green all objects you are hurling.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Techwright said:

The problem is that GL's construct things with their energy.  The closest Green Lantern to what's available in our game would probably be John Stewart who tends to use more energy blasts than constructs.

Now one thing that might bring it closer is if one could somehow disconnect the object-flinging power Propel from Gravity Control, then plug it into whatever powerset you settle upon, then get the ability to color as green all objects you are hurling.

If only they did let you color them all green!

• 2 weeks later

When I created my Green Lantern homage, I made him a Controller, Electric Affinity and Force Fields.  The idea was that the electric controls were ring constructs.

However, I found playing that combo was just painfully slow and unbelievably hard on endurance, so I gave up on him.  I tried him as a Defender and Corruptor with Electric Blasts and Force Fields, but again I found that pretty tough to play and enjoy... he's just SO squishy and heavy on endurance.

So I recreated him as a Peacebringer, but didn't care for the visuals, and found him WAY too squishy.

So I recreated him as a Sentinel with Electric Blasts and Energy Aura.  He's fairly effective, but I miss his Force Fields, so I keep going back and forth whether to go back to the Defender.

Force Field/Energy defender would be the most basic option, but I'd go controller.  Dark (with soul noir), Gravity, or Illusion primary paired with Cold, Force Field, Sonic, or Time and capped with Primal Forces; everything tinted green.  It wasn't called the most powerful weapon in the universe because it could fire concussive beams, but because Hal could use it to alter reality.  Dimensional shifts, space warps, time travel, whatever BS the writer needed.  Controllers have that breadth of effects in their toolbox.

• Thumbs Up 2

I ended up with FF/Energy Defender as well. I considered a Dom, but it disregarded the ring aspect in favour of brawling (Ok for guy, but mine was Jessica Cruz). So the bubble sold it for me.

Incidentally, I also considered Dark Miasma for a Red lantern because of the tentacles.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, StriderIV said:

I thought this would be a fun discussion! How would you build a Green Lantern hero in COH?

I started thinking about it because I made an alternate Green Lantern costume for my Psi/Shield Scrapper. Works out pretty well with a green energy shield and the psi blades colored  green!

Another potential combo was a Rad/Rad Defender. Ton of green naturally, but you could make it work =P Force Field could also be an option.

With the right re-colors, I could see an all-human Peacebringer fitting well.

What about you? What archetype/powersets would you use for a Green Lantern Corp member?

Hal Jordan.  My GL.

Erm.  I'd go Rad/Rad Defender.  (Corruptor if you must....)

Could be En/En blaster.

Could be a PB or WS.

The latter two have 'cosmic' style powers.

You just colour them green.

Come up with a name that doesn't fall foul of our 'love' for such popular culture.  eg. Green Lampost.  Green Torch.  Emerald Candle.  Moss Glo.  Teal Beam.  Are the worst examples I can think of.

Azrael.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, Six-Six said:

I ended up with FF/Energy Defender as well. I considered a Dom, but it disregarded the ring aspect in favour of brawling (Ok for guy, but mine was Jessica Cruz). So the bubble sold it for me.

Incidentally, I also considered Dark Miasma for a Red lantern because of the tentacles.

That would work.  Bubble Energy Defender.  I think that was my 1st or one of my 1st combos from early on Live.  Bk in the day...

One of my favourites.

Azrael.

Mmm.  Superb job.  And as Lantern fan, I'd prefer she had been in the JLA rather than Guy.

(There's also Jade from Infinity Inc.  Daughter of the Golden Age GL.  I just recently bought the 1st Hard Cover volume of that off Amazon.)

'Top Banana' as they say. 😄

'Hey, Lady!'

Azrael.