Stalker power chain idea

Bojutsu

I had an idea of how to quickly deal a very large amount of single target damage.

If you are a /Ninjitsu Stalker, or if you take the power Misdirection from the Concealment pool, you will have 2 placate powers. 

Then include Burnout from the Speed pool, and maybe Adrenal Booster from the Experimentation pool for another Build Up type power. 

The power chain idea is -

Build Up, Assassinate, Placate, Burnout, Build Up, Assassinate, Placate, Adrenal Booster, your t9 extreme damage attack (Golden Dragonfly for Ninja Blade, for example), Smoke Flash/Misdirection, your next strongest attack (Soaring Dragon for Ninja Blade, for example).

It could be fun to try. I'm working on a Staff/Ninjitsu now. 

Smoke flash and misdirection don't put you in the special "Hidden" status that gives you the free crit. Disappointing, I know. Back on live I took /nin because I thought it gave the extra placate for the same reason, and found out it does not. In fact, I encourage you not to take smoke flash at all. Not only does it have a very long cast, but there is a purchasable temp power that does the exaaaact same thing without a power pick. Misdirection at least does -res.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smoke Flash/Misdirection may not instantly put the player in hidden mode, but I wonder if it would last long enough to allow the stalker to become hidden and get another crit...

I'll have to play around with it once I get all the powers I need....

even if it doesn't work out with that 3rd placate from Smoke Flash, it will be fun using Burnout to get back-to-back assassinations followed by an extreme damage crit from your t9 attack

Edited by Bojutsu

The stalker chance to build up proc is a global proc that has a chance to proc off any stalker attack and it will recharge build up instantly when it procs. That can lead to big bursts as well. It's much more consistent than using burnout every 5 minutes. Put a gaussian's chance for build up proc in build up for even bigger +dam buff in a limited window.

If you toss the stalker chance to hide proc in Assassin's strike or other powers with a decently long recharge you can set up crits on demand as well for big bursts of damage.

The stalker ATOs are game changers. Take advantage of those before you experiment with placate shenanigans, those ATOs take far less power pick investments and offer way more return on investment. Modern day stalkers play very much like scrappers, they don't wait to become hidden anymore because the chance to hide proc will do that constantly for them while they are attacking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

18 hours ago, Bojutsu said:

Smoke Flash/Misdirection may not instantly put the player in hidden mode, but I wonder if it would last long enough to allow the stalker to become hidden and get another crit...

It's not ideal. Activate Smoke Flash/Misdirection and wait up to 8 more seconds to be hidden. If a Stalker is averaging 400 dps, waiting 8 seconds means around 3,200 damage will be missed. No matter how hard that extra crit AS hits for, it won't make up the lost dps. Not ideal but still pretty fun!

The stalker proc chance for hide means you can kill 3 right off the bat.

Crit from hide with a high dmg power(1)>Assassin strike + proc fires(2)>Crit from hide with a high dmg power(3).

repeat as necessary.

No reason to pick up unnecessary pool powers for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Bojutsu Your idea isn't far from the Archetype Origin (ATO) special enhancement functions and design. (as chelsea and nemu said)

Placate though is a damage mitigation power, not an insta-hide. Placate is awesome to put a target in timeout while slaughtering everyone else in the room.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks for the responses. It is clear to me that I have some learning to do regarding the game. I haven't played since Live. I had a 50 Ninja Stalker back then, and I thought I remembered Placate putting me into a Hidden state, allowing me another crit, or another Assassinate if it recharged before the fight is over. 

I also have a weak understanding of "procs" and special enhancements. I don't think I ever used anything better than a Single Origin Enhancement. 

• Thumbs Up 1