Old... marketing? Web bits?

Greycat

Wasn't sure where else to put these, I didn't even recall these. But they ended up in a backup folder of mine...

I know I have more somewhere. I think I even have a copy of the old fansite kit.

coh_web_villains_01.jpg

pillar3.jpg

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Ooh. So apparently I did get some of what that's from. Looks like an old (I'm guessing, from the group names - there's another page that lists the Carnies as "Soul Scavengers") fan page, or fan page with dev/official page info...

Not an official page, looks like someone gathering info as th elinks want to go to a (probably long dead) Verizon page.

old coh fan page.png

soul scavenge 1.png

soul scavenge 2.png

coh others 1.png

coh others 2.png

coh others 3.png

coh others 4.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Fan site kit wallpapers... the largest resolutions of them. When's the last time you saw these?

biglogo-1600.jpg

bigstar-1600.jpg

celebrant-1600.jpg

dark-skyline-1600.jpg

decal-1600.jpg

goldie1-1600.jpg

great-seal-black-1600.jpg

great-seal-flag-1600.jpg

hero1WP1024B.jpg

heroes1280X1024.jpg

huge-1600.jpg

minimal_psy-1600.jpg

minimal_stm-1600.jpg

minimal_tat-1600.jpg

pale-1600.jpg

radiance-1600.jpg

statesman1-1600.jpg

statesman-panel-1600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

(Sorry, yeah, big image dump, but still.)

>.> One of the (in?)famous dev posts...

devhumor.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing this, @Greycat!  It's interesting to see what lore did or didn't make the cut... like it's wild to see the Super Mercs, one of my favorite pieces of background lore that's never really explored in the game proper, given the same level of billing as the Circle of Thorns and (Proto-)Carnival of Shadows, alongside other stuff like "Pax" that never materialized in the game proper.

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

These are great. I'd forgotten about these.

The only thing cooler than having a space station and/or moonbase would be doing a Hollow Earth thing. Tarzan visiting Pellucidar and punching dinosaurs was one of my favorite books as a kid and it's one of the reasons why I love Ka-Zar and Turok so much. An updated version of that (minus the cringey repulsive racism of Tarzan) in City of Heroes would've been awesome. I've made several barbarian and "savage" characters because of this. Oh, what might've been.

tarzanattheearthscore.jpg

https://ibb.co/L6NdyBV

kazarsavageland.jpg

https://ibb.co/0CJ3Nx0

turokdinosaurhunter.jpg

https://ibb.co/VxF4kjJ

conandinosaurs.jpg

https://ibb.co/qMfjBtH

• Thumbs Up 1