Character or Account item claim failed, another request is pending.

Tankshock

18 hours ago, Tankshock said:

Yeah, it's happening right now.  More in the last 3 days than the 3 years before that.  Couple of minutes doesn't do it, either.

I think you should file a bug report.  It is definitely something that is recent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 3 weeks later

Sorry, meant to come back here - but in the bugs section, saw a post like this, and stated how I overcame the issue. Log off, reverify the manifest, log back in, no worries.  Everything worked. 

I see it a lot. Usually when I am claiming a large number of items and I start clicking the claim button too fast. If I claim more than about once per second, it starts getting chancy. And I can consistently cause it to choke if I click the button as fast as the UI allows me based on the button rendering response delay.

I also see it choke if while claiming, I bring up the auction window, and especially if I move something to or from the auction itself, and then try to claim again.

Sometimes the claiming system begins working again after only a few seconds, and sometimes it takes an hour or more.

• Thumbs Up 1

What has worked for me lately:  if I know I am going to pull some items off Character Items or open Packs, I run diagnostics on my machine (running CCleaner is probably the most useful of the bunch).  Then I close all applications and make sure my computer shuts down for an extended period of time.  Then I boot up and make sure to only run the launcher and CoH, make my moves, and then get on with my life.

I also do this while whistling and hopping widdershins on my left foot at least three times fully around.

So far I've been successful 100% (2 of 2!) of the time.

Who run Bartertown?

I would be surprised if it's a client side problem. Having something like an email claim or superpack open happen even partly on the client would be a problem, design-wise.

More likely, it would be the client sending a request for an action to occur between two or more server-side processes, and then receiving notification when it succeeds or fails.

In principle, you should be able to click the claim button, suddenly lose power in your house for a week, and then connect back up eventually and see the item in your inventory.

I'll grant that quite a few MMO's have the client tied up in these sorts of things, and it leads to all sorts of exploits being possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later

Somewhat related, maybe... Is anyone else seeing "please wait a moment" messages on claiming any email item?

I can barely claim 3 items at most before I get this. Then I have to wait a few seconds before it's available again... For 3 items tops. Sometimes it even stops at 2 or 1!

6 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Somewhat related, maybe... Is anyone else seeing "please wait a moment" messages on claiming any email item?

I can barely claim 3 items at most before I get this. Then I have to wait a few seconds before it's available again... For 3 items tops. Sometimes it even stops at 2 or 1!

I think they put a timer restriction on it a while ago.

• Sad 1

Who run Bartertown?

Oh, wow. How do people even open Super Packs anymore? I can't imagine spending 2+ seconds per claim to open thousands of converters...

Edit: I suppose I'm being dramatic. The bulk of the returns come from ATOs, which we don't claim in such volume.

Still, taking a couple seconds par claim instead of getting 3-4 ATOs per second is quite the downgrade, when you open many packs at once.

Personally, I like to use everything in a pack. So I would claim converters when I wanted to convert some IOs, unslotters when I misplaced an enhancement, and so on. Barely getting through 3 claims gets pretty annoying when a single "in set" conversion costs you 3 converters!

The rate limit probably feels drastic because before, I automated most of my claiming using macros. So I would start the macro, go get a glass of water and come back to see ~300 converters in my inventory.

Sometimes it would choke up at ~80 claims or so. I guess the mail system must be taxing on the servers, and that must be why the devs implemented rate limits? Understandable.

I wish we had "claim all" and "claim X" options.

Edited by nihilii

So, I opened about 30 winter packs yesterday. 
So, here's what I did, and granted, this solution isn't for everyone. 

Open the packs until you get your "Please wait a moment", then tab out and open them on another account, repeat as necessary. 

I still have another 2100 packs to open, lol. 

One other thing I discovered, I can use this macro: 

/macro opacks "salvage_open S_HVSuperPackSalvage$$salvage_open S_RVSuperPackSalvage$$salvage_open S_WinterPackSalvage"

and it will open (and if you select "open packs automatically", you can do this while doing other things in the market. Or while farming, or whatever. 

Edited by Ukase