Marco bug

Sir Zues

I am trying to get this macro to work but the $whereami! part is not working. 

/macroimage "MunitionsMastery_Surveillance" "GMs Location" s Hey! $target is at $loc in $whereami! Come get some!"

I looked at the list of slash commands and it seems to be correct for whereami but it is not working in the macro.  If I use /whereami not in a macro it works just fine.

GM Willow looked at it and could not get the $whereami! to work.  There is nothing listed in the macro commands that would give the name of the zone your in except /whereami.  I hope this is not a bug and something is just missing and that someone can help get this working.  Thank you.

As far as I know, $whereami is not a valid variable like $loc and $target. You can see a list of the known variables at the HC Wiki variables page.

I don't know of a valid variable to add the zone name, but you could rewrite what you want to say slightly and use the /beginchat command to pre-fill most of the message and fill in the zone yourself. Something like:

/macroimage "MunitionsMastery_Surveillance" "GMs Location" "beginchat /s Hey! Come get a piece of $target at $loc in "

When you press the macro, your chat bar will be populated with the message above, then you'll type in the name of the zone at the end and press enter to send the message you want. I haven't tested that in-game so I won't guarantee 100% it will work, but conceptually, that's how I'd do it.

I think ATC has it here. I thought something like what the OP mentions - embedding or announcing your location - was added in that recent loc/thumbtack/whereami expansion, but I guess not. (Rummages around) I guess I was thinking of how loc and whereami now create the link in chat.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com