Which ATO slotting do you think is better?

arcane

So, I’m frequently torn between two specific ways to slot my ATO’s on any Tanker with a damage aura. And I’m awfully addicted to Tankers since the rework so it comes up a lot.

Because I don’t solo AV’s that often or pay enough attention sometimes to constantly triple stack ATO procs with single target attacks, I’m in the camp that prefers to slot the 6% +res proc in a damage aura when possible. So here’s my dilemma:

Slotting 1:

Damage aura slotted with 6 Superior Might of the Tanker

Another power slotted with 6 Superior Gauntleted Fist

Slotting 2:

Damage aura slotted with 5 Superior Might of the Tanker, plus 1 Superior Gauntleted Fist proc

Another power slotted with 3 to 5 Superior Gauntleted Fist

The dilemma: 12% +S/L res and 6% +F/C res versus a steady stream of absorb procs - often every 10 seconds (and saving 1-3 extra slots).

For your answers, please keep these assumptions in mind:

- Assume I can benefit from the resistance bonuses.

- Assume the other power with Superior Gauntleted Fist is a mule or low tier power, so I am unlikely to get the absorb much at all with slotting #1.

With all that in mind, which do you choose? Discuss.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

On my Shield/StJ tank I like to slot the the full set of the one with the +res proc into the first attack since the proc rate is pretty high and the attack is quick and I make use of it quite a lot. 

Then I like to slot the full set of the one with the +absorb proc into Spinning Strike for a few reasons.  Since this attack is categorized as target aoe and I don't really like any of the sets available in those powers this tanker ATO set fills in nice here.  Also, with that many targets for a chance to proc off of it'll mostly always fire if its last absorb shield got damaged off.  

Then I can round out the rest of my best attacks with the most impactful sets.  I've also got Entomb's +absorb proc slotted into Crushing Uppercut which stacks with the tanker +absorb, both fire real well if their first procs get damaged off so in the heat of a fight I'm getting a 900+ absorb shield, or 'heal' if you want to look at it that way, with high frequency as long as I'm attacking.  

Slot your +6% res in what ST attack you do use. No build has an infinite AoE chain and at some point a ST attack will be used. Follow-up, Radiation Siphon, Freezing Touch, etc etc. These are powers we usually don't want to leave recharge and not used.

I put mine in low level powers so I can even them when exemplared, and try to put them in a skill I will spam. Sometimes because of constraints I put them in long animation and long recharge powers but that's not good since there will be little stacking

• Thumbs Up 1

On my DA/DM, SMOT is 6-slotted in Shadow Punch and SGF is 6-slotted in Shadow Maul. On my SR\Staff, SMOT is 6-slotted in Innocuous Strikes and SGF is 6-slotted in Guarded Spin (largely because I chain the 2 cones almost constantly). I don't like slotting ATOs in auras since the recharge enhancement is wasted.  

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

14 hours ago, Uun said:

On my DA/DM, SMOT is 6-slotted in Shadow Punch and SGF is 6-slotted in Shadow Maul. On my SR\Staff, SMOT is 6-slotted in Innocuous Strikes and SGF is 6-slotted in Guarded Spin (largely because I chain the 2 cones almost constantly). I don't like slotting ATOs in auras since the recharge enhancement is wasted.  

Not only that (and i may be remembering this wrong) but i think i remember reading somewhere that with the frequency of dmg tics in auras and how MotT procs you can only get two stacks in damage auras - or it is very difficult to get a 3 stack anyway.

Yet i still do it sometimes. 😀

Edited by Infinitum