Hurricane (from Storm Summoning) making people physically ill?

Hurricane (from Storm Summoning) making people physically ill?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get nauseated/queasy/... by looking at Hurricane?

• yes, very, I actually have to leave teams with heavy hurricane users: it's that bad for me!
    • yes, but it's not too bad, I can cope...
    • no, what are you talking about?

17 hours ago, Naomi said:

@UltraAlt If it's just the color or transparency or sound you're having an issue with and not the animation FX, at the moment you can probably mod those textures to take less of a tint of whatever color someone is picking, or picking your own color for it. If this sounds like something that would help as a temporary solution, let me know.

A client side mod(s) could well help resolve the issues that people are having.

Being able set the color scale for powers on client side to tone down the brightest colors would be helpful. Even if this is only setting the default color of the brighter default powers would be helpful.

It isn't clear to me why some players would make all their powers and their costumes the brightest white, but I have seen some players do it.

What you are suggesting could very well be a permanent solution for the brightness issue.

Then nausea, vertigo, and/or migraine people seem to be affected as much by the animation as by bright colors. I do think a lot of this is handled by noparticles, but I haven't seen a good amount of feedback on that. (One power that isn't fully covered by noparticles is Lifegiving Spores)

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Like @GM Crumpet I'm one of those who cannot play 1st person games without getting ridiculously nauseous due to the eye/inner ear disconnect.  I'm not affected by hurricane or any other swirly power, though I do remember back on live when color proliferation became a thing, I was getting headaches because it seemed everyone wanted the brightest, most saturated colors possible.  All that to say: I can relate.

I'm late to the thread and previously never realized hurricane was affecting people.  I do use it a lot with my ill/storm controller, and wish to continue that.  I see that some have commented that a change in color seems to moderate the issue.  If that is accurate, then that sounds like something that I, as a neighborly teammate can help moderate. 

I've got a truckload of unused costume slots.  If someone figures out what colors mute the problem, and will let us know, I'll gladly use one of those costume slots to create an identical look but with the muted colors on any powers that cause issues.  Then it would be just a matter of asking the team up front if someone will privately message me if they have a nausea problem with hurricane. When I get an affirmative, I just switch over to the alternate costume, and switch back to my preferred costume when my teammate and I part.  It may not solve everything, since there may be multiple components to the issue most of which is dev territory, but why not be neighborly and a part of the solution?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, plainguy said:

I don't want to derail. 
How do you report such an issue? Which forum?

Here, bug reports or suggestions.

Or, in game, through the Menu - Support option.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.