Fly without Fly power bug??!

Kaasha

So I was playing a low level toon prior to making a Mids builds.  I finally got the build created and needed to swap around a few things around so I would enjoy playing this toon.  I was a level 7 toon with fly for travel.  My new build called for fly to come at level 8 instead.  So I use /respec while flying.  Complete the respec (without fly) and lo and behold, I'm still flying.  I expected to drop to the ground but I did not.  I was able to move but it was some weird form of fly/hover.  It was a very slow fly and difficult to maneuver, but certainly a fly when I certainly did not have the power trained.  I entered a mission and the "fly" was then gone.

I then logged in another low level (also a level 7) that had fly did the same thing.  I ran the /respec and removed fly from my trained powers.  Once the respec completed, I was still "flying".  Again with the strange hover/fly combo fly.  While flying, this time I logged this toon and then came back in with him.  Fly was then gone.

Looks like some odd holdover during the respec process that totally doesnt remove fly from your toon until you load into a new map. 

This bug looks easily repeatable if you follow these steps:

1. Have a low level character with fly (level 7 was my toons - not sure if it occurs at different levels)

2. Turn on Fly

3. Respec and remove fly from build

4. You now have weird fly power "stuck" on your toon

It happens at any level.  Respec while flying and you will still be flying when you finish but your fly speed will suck.  If you took fly or mystic flight in the respec then toggling it on fixes the problem too.

I had the same issue with Hover. But while it was still active after the respec I couldn't maneuver. My toon was drifting through the air with a long delay between direction changes.

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

It's a known issue that is canceled out as soon as you zone. This makes it a low priority bug.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.