Void Skiff - New pose for Fly and Hover

Troo

Can we get a Void Skiff that we can use powers with?

Who wouldn't like to blast stuff while singing on their own private dance pad in the sky?!!

screenshot_200307-08-00-09.thumb.jpg.80d3411690ae8350d0bf1bfa80580d0d.jpg

Thanks

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Once upon a time this request was made for the rocket board. And while I do not remember the answer, seeing as I was not on the forums at the time but was having the information relayed to me because of an in-game tirade about not being able to fight from the rocketboard, I think the answer was that the requirement to calculate and animate all the possible attacks was beyond what could be done. Or something like that.

HOWEVER!!!!

If this is possible, then yes, please make it possible to use powers from the void skiff and the rocketboard.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I think the answer was that the requirement to calculate and animate all the possible attacks was beyond what could be done.

Yes. Since your feet are in set places on the rocketboard, void skiffs, and flying carpets, new animations would have to be made for all the powers.

This - though not "beyond what could be done" - is a huge amount of work and, honestly, not really worth all that work.

This would eat up years of the Homecoming DEVs time. Every power animation for every power set ....

I would far rather see the running animation for the Coyote form be used for beast run rather than the current beast run animation, but I know that would be a hassle as well and probably not worth the DEV time to do it.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

What if the rocketboard, void skiff, and flying carpet powers got redone instead? We currently don't have any mobile platforms in game that players can stand on. (Using the blue side boats and all the ground vehicles as reference.) So those three powers seem to be animations for flight that locks out powers like Walk does. Would it be possible to make a platform that players could stand on to get around on?

... that brings up how to control them if they are not locked flight animations though... this sounds like it would be every bit as tedious as just making animations for every power in the game so they could work on those powers....

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "ground".

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, why not create a version of void skiff where, for all intents and purposes, your character simply acts like they are on the ground, (with the exception of it still treating powers that need to be on the ground as though you were flying).  I mean, the skiff itself could simply perfectly follow under your character to sell the effect...

Edited by biostem

29 minutes ago, biostem said:

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, why not create a version of void skiff where, for all intents and purposes, your character simply acts like they are on the ground, (with the exception of it still treating powers that need to be on the ground as though you were flying).  I mean, the skiff itself could simply perfectly follow under your character to sell the effect...

Was thinking about that on the drive back. What if void skiff, rocketboard, and flying carpet were summoned pets of the same size that auto-followed the using character with the target point being at the character's feet? Could that work? And if it could, would the pet be able to maintain correct orientation to the character so you don't end up say flying sideways on your rocketboard?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Was thinking about that on the drive back. What if void skiff, rocketboard, and flying carpet were summoned pets of the same size that auto-followed the using character with the target point being at the character's feet? Could that work? And if it could, would the pet be able to maintain correct orientation to the character so you don't end up say flying sideways on your rocketboard?

I don't think you'd need to go that far - just have it stay under the character like it does now, then just treat all powers as though you were standing on a solid object, (only prohibiting powers that specifically need you to be on the ground to be in line with other flight powers).

It's my understanding that void skiff, rocketboard, and flying carpet are all just flight power emotes that disable other powers due to lack of correlating animations. If that is not the case, then that makes this much simpler.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

not really worth all that work.

opinion noted.

However, if powers work using hover or fly is it really that much of a stretch to swap the Magneto pose with Void Skiff pose. I don't think so.

(This could be simple but result in dangley feet in animations. I'm okay with that for quick and dirty)

I believe it is possible to over think it, but not necessary.

A step up from quick and dirty: Standing animations with fly power rules (because some powers do require being near the ground) (or vice versa). Boom, done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

EDIT: I have tried to develop a potent counterargument to this idea because Troo is sometimes turdlike, but, alas, his proposal is airtight and I am forced to enthusiastically endorse his entire portfolio of game-related suggestions.

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 4