Daily Defeat Reward Challenge

I want to increase the incentive to street sweep in this game. I suggest adding a daily defeat reward challenge, much like the weekly strike target for TFs/SFs. It would work like this:

Defeat [Insert Unique Daily Mob Type (i.e., 100 minions or 50 LTs, or 25 Bosses, 1 GM]" and be rewarded with [Insert equitable reward table options].

Mob types would change daily (i.e., Cimerorans, Council, Hydra, Arachnos, Nemesis, Longbow, Resistances, etc.).

I am open to suggestions or feedback on what type of reward table would be appropriate given this daily reward structure.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

If you do this, the task should probably be level-based. So levels 10 and less aren't asked to hunt 50 Malta while incarnates are asked to hunt Hellions. Impossible for the former and a waste of time for the latter. Otherwise? Sounds good.

28 minutes ago, Rudra said:

If you do this, the task should probably be level-based. So levels 10 and less aren't asked to hunt 50 Malta while incarnates are asked to hunt Hellions. Impossible for the former and a waste of time for the latter. Otherwise? Sounds good.

Rudra, thanking you for taking the time to respond. Your point was something I hadn't considered. While I agree with the idea that it should not be level constrained, there is such thing as sidekicking already to alleviate this issue. Players who want to carry out a daily reward challenge, but are not in the appropriate level range of the enemy group could form a team or if needed, request assistance from a higher level. And just like the weekly strike targets aren't mandatory, this would not be either. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Going down in level should be easy to do solo if that's desired.  Just talk to the appropriate level Ouroboros contact to get set to within the appropriate level range.  Bit of a work around perhaps but should do the trick since we're talking street sweeping.  As I recall that's how I spent some time farming by street sweeping Tsoo for Alchemical Silver in Talos at one point on Live.  The drawback of course, to this work around would be you're 'forming a Ouro TF' and could not invite or join a team without dropping the TF.  Better if you could use a contact in an appropriate zone to set your level (as long as it was always below your level)

I know this was mentioned in another thread, but what if it were a bounty system instead of a set task? You street sweep mobs in a zone. Minions and underlings are worth 1 point, lieutenants are worth 2 points, and bosses are worth 5 points. Accrue 100 points on any given faction, then go talk to a specifically created or sensibly-linked contact in that zone (like a PPD detective blue side) that lets you cash in the points for a mission reward. Completable once per day regardless of zone(s). (Conversely, everything is 1 defeat and you can cash in after 50 defeats of any given faction.) And if you leave the zone? Your count/defeats goes to 0 so the game doesn't have to track every faction's defeat progress.

This way, everyone could hunt whatever faction they are most interested in or has what they need.

I mean, the OP works, but I guess I have a bounty fixation....

Edited by Rudra
Edited to change "sensible" to "sensibly-linked".
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they could tie some sort of outdoor mob XP or reward bonus to the patroller day job, (or create some sort of street-level police contact, who provides relevant outdoor mob kill X missions, similar to regular radio missions).

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I want to increase the incentive to street sweep in this game. I suggest adding a daily defeat reward challenge, much like the weekly strike target for TFs/SFs. It would work like this:

Defeat [Insert Unique Daily Mob Type (i.e., 100 minions or 50 LTs, or 25 Bosses, 1 GM]" and be rewarded with [Insert equitable reward table options].

Mob types would change daily (i.e., Cimerorans, Council, Hydra, Arachnos, Nemesis, Longbow, Resistances, etc.).

I am open to suggestions or feedback on what type of reward table would be appropriate given this daily reward structure.

Problem with this is respawn rate , i see similar in star trek online when i have as example to hunt gorn on nimbus as daily task.....

Every time at least a dozen other players is trying to do the same and the ending is we fighting over 1st kill of the NPC's and thus ist takes way longer then necessary.

Sure our Playerbase have partially a different mentality and not the high amount of player, but then theres the thread about someone wanted to join somebody who was doing troll rave and got ignored.

As good the idea basically is... People will ruin it and thus it will be abandoned in the end.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

That would really depend on the rarity of the group. I don't know what a gorn on nimbus is, but aside from the frequency with which RNGesus decides to not spawn Carnies or Malta when a contact hands me a street sweep 50 mission in PI (only for the mobs to show up when I'm not trying to find them because I'm on a different character), most factions are pretty easy to find in their respective zones.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

That would really depend on the rarity of the group. I don't know what a gorn on nimbus is, but aside from the frequency with which RNGesus decides to not spawn Carnies or Malta when a contact hands me a street sweep 50 mission in PI (only for the mobs to show up when I'm not trying to find them because I'm on a different character), most factions are pretty easy to find in their respective zones.

The reason that they are there is cause no one cares about em, i remember different times on live when u had hard times finding Tsoo as example in Steel Canyon for the Tailor mission cause many did street hunt.

Nimbus is the World from Star Trek V Movie , the world of peace ^^.

And Gorns are a reptilian race Kirk fought in a classic Episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorn

And it could cause Problems with the Numina Hunts too.

Edited by SuggestorK
added Numina part
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, SuggestorK said:

The reason that they are there is cause no one cares about em, i remember different times on live when u had hard times finding Tsoo as example in Steel Canyon for the Tailor mission cause many did street hunt.

Nimbus is the World from Star Trek V Movie , the world of peace ^^.

And Gorns are a reptilian race Kirk fought in a classic Episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorn

Thank you for the feedback on the potential issue with group rarity. I'm more inclined to believe that each mob and type would be easy to find considering that they respawn even after defeated and will all be found in more than one place. It's a good thing to keep in mind though. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 hour ago, SuggestorK said:

This is a very good point, and such a street sweeping bounty system would should be set up to avoid the Numina enemy group/zone combinations.

Especially Vahz in Faultline.

• Like 1