Current Veteran levels should be added to Characters on login page.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Because this is you. And your premise for this statement is flawed, as already pointed out. QOL should not "have to benefit the entire player base." Why? Because not all players care about the same things.

I don't agree with the presumption in your statement. QoL should benefit the entire player base. All players experience the life of the game, they are all entitled to receiving a quality update. I don't believe in the segregation of updates you are describing. If a developer wants to work their magic on a niche focus, I am neither for or against it - but as a player and member of this community I can give my opinion on the topic whenever I please.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't agree with the presumption in your statement. QoL should benefit the entire player base. All players experience the life of the game, they are all entitled to receiving a quality update. I don't believe in the segregation of updates you are describing. If a developer wants to work their magic on a niche focus, I am neither for or against it - but as a player and member of this community I can give my opinion on the topic whenever I please.

So. If there's something that would make PVP easier - say, a player-in-zone counter, f*** them. Only a few people PVP, why should they get consideration, it doesn't benefit the entire community. That's your stance? That's what you're saying.

A search by costume piece name in the tailor screen would not benefit everyone - some people don't care. So F*** anyone who wants that, it doesn't benefit everyone. That's what you're saying.

An option to not have stealth type powers fade your character out so you can see your costume doesn't benefit everyone. F*** the players who want that. That's what you're saying. (Oh, wait, that's *already implemented.* From a player QOL suggestion. Dang.)

The L in QOL is not "life of the game." It's player life. It's things that make something nicer for some players.

Also, I'm not saying you can't give an opinion. I *am* saying your opinion is coming from a place that is badly flawed.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

So. If there's something that would make PVP easier - say, a player-in-zone counter, f*** them. Only a few people PVP, why should they get consideration, it doesn't benefit the entire community. That's your stance? That's what you're saying.

A search by costume piece name in the tailor screen would not benefit everyone - some people don't care. So F*** anyone who wants that, it doesn't benefit everyone. That's what you're saying.

An option to not have stealth type powers fade your character out so you can see your costume doesn't benefit everyone. F*** the players who want that. That's what you're saying. (Oh, wait, that's *already implemented.* From a player QOL suggestion. Dang.)

The L in QOL is not "life of the game." It's player life. It's things that make something nicer for some players.

Also, I'm not saying you can't give an opinion. I *am* saying your opinion is coming from a place that is badly flawed.

I get that you think it is easier to talk in comparisons, but I don't. This is a thread about veteran levels and other character items being displayed in the character selection screen, not about any other things you've brought up. I don't appreciate the colorful language either.

I think it's best to either discontinue this back and forth on the thread between ourselves or take it to direct message so that other players can add to the discussion.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I get that you think it is easier to talk in comparisons, but I don't. This is a thread about veteran levels and other character items being displayed in the character selection screen, not about any other things you've brought up. I don't appreciate the colorful language either.

I think it's best to either discontinue this back and forth on the thread between ourselves or take it to direct message so that other players can add to the discussion.

Then let's make this simple. Yes, you would not find this suggestion useful. I understand that. However, it does not change anything in a negative way. Nor does it negatively impact the way anyone plays. This is a case where it truly is a benefit without consequence. A benefit that would help some players keep track of what they have and are dealing with. Without the need to make a spreadsheet offline as others have recommended.

If you don't want to see the added information on the character select screen, and honestly I would rather not see some of the information being requested am not in favor of the vet level display but am in favor of other information an inf display, then propose a modification to the change. Such as, oh, I don't know, a screen toggle to display the information so that those that want the displayed information can see it and those that don't won't.

I'm surprised to be saying this to you of all people, but your argument against this suggestion fails to hold up. A quality of life change does not need to benefit everyone. It simply needs to be a positive change that benefits the player base to some extent that does not change/affect how the game is played or enjoyed. And this suggestion falls into that bracket.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Then let's make this simple. Yes, you would not find this suggestion useful. I understand that. However, it does not change anything in a negative way. Nor does it negatively impact the way anyone plays. This is a case where it truly is a benefit without consequence. A benefit that would help some players keep track of what they have and are dealing with. Without the need to make a spreadsheet offline as others have recommended.

If you don't want to see the added information on the character select screen, and honestly I would rather not see some of the information being requested am not in favor of the vet level display but am in favor of other information an inf display, then propose a modification to the change. Such as, oh, I don't know, a screen toggle to display the information so that those that want the displayed information can see it and those that don't won't.

I'm surprised to be saying this to you of all people, but your argument against this suggestion fails to hold up. A quality of life change does not need to benefit everyone. It simply needs to be a positive change that benefits the player base to some extent that does not change/affect how the game is played or enjoyed. And this suggestion falls into that bracket.

Good way to phrase the suggestion. A benefit without consequence - what is not to love? I say that players can already do this. You say, yeah, but it is burdensome. And I say yeah, well they were the ones who made the +70 characters and not keep track of that information themselves. And so we go back to why not help those people who chose not to keep track of that information. And so I say yeah, as long as it benefits the rest of the player base. And then them I'm told, no - a QoL change can benefit a few people, and I say that's fine, but I don't support a solution to a problem that already has a solution, albeit however burdensome or tedious it may be to check through each character created. Make the suggestion or don't, I just want it to benefit the player base as a whole, that is my opinion. So maybe over time, in the next 3-4 years when a majority of the player base has created 40 or more characters, this suggestion would benefit the majority of the player base.

• Thumbs Down 1

I'd like there to be a button that would export my entire character list from the displayed server to a CSV file with all the basics. Level, vet level, Inf, xp to level, debt, patrol xp, badge count, reward merits, emps/astrals/threads, incarnate tiers, etc.

I also feel like I've suggested this before, but I can't find it if so.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

I'd like there to be a button that would export my entire character list from the displayed server to a CSV file with all the basics. Level, vet level, Inf, xp to level, debt, patrol xp, badge count, reward merits, emps/astrals/threads, incarnate tiers, etc.

I also feel like I've suggested this before, but I can't find it if so.

If you are in the Suggestion Forum and use the 'sort by' button at the top right then choose custom and filter by topics you started,  you can get a nice clean list of all your suggestions.  Of course,  if it was only a post in someone else's topic,  sorting by that would be a much longer list and still probably difficult to find.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1