It's unOfficial - SUPER SOON!! (semi-official?)

Troo

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah the badge thread is getting pretty heated! 😁

Oh, that's on the schedule for go-live. Is it already happening?!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 7/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Guess which Beta thread I'm reading...

someone needs to buy the mods a coffee or something.

raw&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

On 7/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, Troo said:

Here's the list of current feedback threads: ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/57-homecoming-beta/ )

We've got a couple new topics:

A surprise PvP topic dropped nearly a week after the others. It appears there will be instant level 50s available for PvP zones and arena.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that some players earn excessive amounts of merits per day while not even playing. (add a couple zeros)

Below I'll list the number of pages per topic so far (note: moderation can skew appearances) & most viewed.

Spoiler
  • Focused Feedback: Temporal Warrior, Instant Level 50 PvP Characters (4 pages of comments, very heavily moderated)
  • Focused Feedback: Reward Merits (8 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sonic Attack Revamp (9 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment (23 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Toggle Suspension and Suppression (7 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Attack Typing Adjustments (9 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sonic Assault (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Name Release Policy - Phase 1: Warning Mode (12 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty - Imperious Task Force (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Stance & Walk Customization (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Symphony Control (6 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sheathed Weapon System (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: City Zone Adjustments (5 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sister Valeria Story Arc (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Ice Control Changes (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Enemy Aggro Revamp (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Costumes (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Toxic/Psionic Mitigation Changes (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: New Commands (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Custom Weapon Expansion (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Badges & Emotes (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Permanent NPC Costume Power Rewards (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Task Adjustments (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Enemy Group Adjustments (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty Improvements & New Reward Currency (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Repeatable Cimerora Incarnate Missions (1 page)
  • Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback (7 pages)

Number of views

>10,000

Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment

>7,500

Focused Feedback: Attack Typing Adjustments

>5,000

Focused Feedback: Sonic Attack Revamp

Focused Feedback: Symphony Control

Focused Feedback: Name Release Policy - Phase 1: Warning Mode

>4,000

Focused Feedback: Reward Merits (started a week after most)

Focused Feedback: Toggle Suspension and Suppression

Edited by Troo

I am still more excited for the sound stacking fix than everything else put together, because it means I will actually be able to join teams again!

This is not to say I am not pretty excited about some of the other stuff, because there is some very cool stuff here.  But the sound stacking fix is game-changing for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

I am still more excited for the sound stacking fix than everything else put together, because it means I will actually be able to join teams again!

This is not to say I am not pretty excited about some of the other stuff, because there is some very cool stuff here.  But the sound stacking fix is game-changing for me.

I'll bet.  My good computer decided to die, so I'm running on a 2012 Dell laptop.   Something about wine not dealing well horks sound to a horrific degree where I need to just turn off the volume.   I don't like playing without sound.  

53 minutes ago, lemming said:

I'll bet.  My good computer decided to die, so I'm running on a 2012 Dell laptop.   Something about wine not dealing well horks sound to a horrific degree where I need to just turn off the volume.   I don't like playing without sound.  

I'd never be able to play without sound all the time.  I can do it in small doses, but finding glowies becomes super obnoxious and it drives me nuts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stormwalker said:

I'd never be able to play without sound all the time.  I can do it in small doses, but finding glowies becomes super obnoxious and it drives me nuts.

Yep, glowies are the bane of soundless sessions.

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Yep, glowies are the bane of soundless sessions.

Can't you just turn off all the other sounds? Isn't there a mod for that yet? oO seems like it would be easy to just copy a silent ogg file over and over ... and over... and... omg there are so many sound files.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

4 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Can't you just turn off all the other sounds? Isn't there a mod for that yet? oO seems like it would be easy to just copy a silent ogg file over and over ... and over... and... omg there are so many sound files.

In my case, I like the game sounds anyway, so I prefer to have the sound on.  The problem for me is the sudden volume spikes from the sound stacking problem set off some aural sensitivity issues which makes teaming (where this iis a constantly repeated event since there are always AoE's being thrown around)... kind of difficult.  But since it's fixed in Page 4, I won't NEED to try to play without sound anymore, nor will I have to make up polite excuses why I can't accept that team invite someone threw my way.

Can't go live soon enough.

IMHO of all the aspects of the game, the audio has aged the worst. Some of the audio is fine, but things like teletrans (teleport), demons, looping fire toggle, looping spines toggle, etc just have to be re-educated changed.  The latter two are high on my to-mod list.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Just now, Herotu said:

IMHO of all the aspects of the game, the audio has aged the worst. Some of the audio is fine, but things like teletrans (teleport), demons, looping fire toggle, looping spines toggle, etc just have to be re-educated changed.  The latter two are high on my to-mod list.

Oh, I definitely do have my share of sound mods installed.  But at the same time, some of the default sounds are quite good.  Just... not all of them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Troo said:

We've got a couple new topics:

A surprise PvP topic dropped nearly a week after the others. It appears there will be instant level 50s available for PvP zones and arena.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that some players earn excessive amounts of merits per day while not even playing. (add a couple zeros)

Below I'll list the number of pages per topic so far (note: moderation can skew appearances) & most viewed.

Hide contents
  • Focused Feedback: Temporal Warrior, Instant Level 50 PvP Characters (4 pages of comments, very heavily moderated)
  • Focused Feedback: Reward Merits (8 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sonic Attack Revamp (9 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment (23 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Toggle Suspension and Suppression (7 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Attack Typing Adjustments (9 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sonic Assault (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Name Release Policy - Phase 1: Warning Mode (12 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty - Imperious Task Force (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Stance & Walk Customization (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Symphony Control (6 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sheathed Weapon System (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: City Zone Adjustments (5 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Sister Valeria Story Arc (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Ice Control Changes (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Enemy Aggro Revamp (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Costumes (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Toxic/Psionic Mitigation Changes (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: New Commands (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Custom Weapon Expansion (2 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Badges & Emotes (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Permanent NPC Costume Power Rewards (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Task Adjustments (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Enemy Group Adjustments (1 page)
  • Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty Improvements & New Reward Currency (3 pages)
  • Focused Feedback: Repeatable Cimerora Incarnate Missions (1 page)
  • Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback (7 pages)

Number of views

>10,000

Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment

>7,500

Focused Feedback: Attack Typing Adjustments

>5,000

Focused Feedback: Sonic Attack Revamp

Focused Feedback: Symphony Control

Focused Feedback: Name Release Policy - Phase 1: Warning Mode

>4,000

Focused Feedback: Reward Merits (started a week after most)

Focused Feedback: Toggle Suspension and Suppression

image.png.1449a7b9551d7c6ee4b855c6f2a96f7a.png

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 weeks later
3 hours ago, Astralock said:

Booper already posted that there will be at least one release candidate build.  My best guess is two weeks from tomorrow for release.

gotta build suspense.. not just blurt it out.. geez 😉

mean while, it could be tomorrow for the last peek at the almost complete beta.

On 7/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, Krimson said:

I play without sound all the time and only turn it up when there is glowies. I ripped all the music from the game a decade ago, so I can listen to that when I want. 

I also play mostly soundless. I don’t find that the audio adds much to the game in most instances, although I have always appreciated the fact that footfalls vary depending on the surface, a detail few games include.

The various sound glitches while teaming can be aggravating, and as others have said, some sounds are just unpleasant. So hearing those constantly, and often overlapping with multiple toons with the same powers, can lead to migraines.

• 3 weeks later
1 hour ago, Astralock said:

Page 4 is on the pre-release Shadow shard.  Tuesday?

Omgomgomg

I mean.

*Dignified and mature reaction of excitement*  

• Haha 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

The time is now...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present