New MM

Chainz

So while I was doing my Iron manning on Gold side.. I ran into a missions where the ghouls were helping me out and i noticed there was similar tiers to MM.. so i had an idea for a Mastermind set.. "Ghoul Mastery".  I haven't ironed out everything but was wondering indicial thoughts.

Don't know what you mean by ghouls having similar tiers to MMs. Ghouls, and the more intelligent failed experiments, are simply minimal groups. They have 1 minion type, 1 lieutenant type, and 1 boss type. With some named individuals from the group, one EB I think, and Noble Savage (from the failed experiments).

MM pets by contrast are all lieutenants. They just get a level penalty corresponding to the number of that specific tier pet the MM has past 1.

I'm more or less against turning any game faction into MM pets because they follow different rules.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

... bwaaaaahahahahahahahahah!

*shrug* Not surprised you disagree. However, my MMs in bodyguard mode are still standing even after the team Tanker has fallen and is waiting for me to rez him.

Edit: If it matters, its my ninja/dark MM that I turn to when I want to make sure I can beat whatever comes up.

Edit again: I just realized why you're probably laughing. I can't out-tank a Tanker against something that does high damage AoEs like Hamidon. I sit corrected.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

my MMs in bodyguard mode

It took me forever to find that henchmen could stay in bodyguard mode when being commanded to attack my target.  The default puts them into aggressive mode while making them attack.  It really helped my survivability and damage when i stumbled onto that after nearly 2 years.

Ive also gotten alot of use from the goto command with my robots since they like to stand wherever when they are shooting and ignore the fact that they have cone and melee attacks.

As for the suggestion,  I wouldnt mind some of the enemy groups being henchmen but it may fit better as alternate skins on existing sets instead of totally new sets.  Like necromancy could have ghouls as an alternate skin and Thugs with hellions or skulls.  Demons would have Circle of Thorns baddies,  robots have a ton of options for alternate skins,  mercs have malta or  D.U.S.T. or many of the other 'normal' PPD types.

Not that every MM set needs alternate skins but those are some possibilities.  And i think it would be an all or none for the skins,  a mix and match situation probably isnt appropriate when using ingame enemy groups.

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

It took me forever to find that henchmen could stay in bodyguard mode when being commanded to attack my target.  The default puts them into aggressive mode while making them attack.  It really helped my survivability and damage when i stumbled onto that after nearly 2 years.

Ive also gotten alot of use from the goto command with my robots since they like to stand wherever when they are shooting and ignore the fact that they have cone and melee attacks.

As for the suggestion,  I wouldnt mind some of the enemy groups being henchmen but it may fit better as alternate skins on existing sets instead of totally new sets.  Like necromancy could have ghouls as an alternate skin and Thugs with hellions or skulls.  Demons would have Circle of Thorns baddies,  robots have a ton of options for alternate skins,  mercs have malta or  D.U.S.T. or many of the other 'normal' PPD types.

Not that every MM set needs alternate skins but those are some possibilities.  And i think it would be an all or none for the skins,  a mix and match situation probably isnt appropriate when using ingame enemy groups.

attack my target does take your pets out of bodyguard mode. Only follow, go to, and stay keep the pets in bodyguard mode when in defensive as well.

17 hours ago, Chainz said:

So while I was doing my Iron manning on Gold side.. I ran into a missions where the ghouls were helping me out and i noticed there was similar tiers to MM.. so i had an idea for a Mastermind set.. "Ghoul Mastery".  I haven't ironed out everything but was wondering indicial thoughts.

Pretty much all enemy factions have a minion, lieutenant, and boss tier member.  Some have underling, elite boss, and arch-villains/heroes and (giant)monsters as well.  Several have multiple of each tier.  While those 3 primary categories are a rough analog to the MM pets, they're not quite equal.  That being said, I think ghouls are one of the lest interesting interesting groups to convert into a MM set.  I would much rather see something like Nemesis, Malta, KoA, or carnies made into such sets, (ignoring the Lore Incarnates for the moment).

Edited by biostem