A Funny Thing Happened to Me Today...

I'm working on improving the descriptions for all of the movement commands at the Wiki... I fix one after the other, and then I tackle /autorun. I read what's there, and say to myself, "Wow. This page is really well written! Everything is clear and understandable, and the layout is very nice. Maybe I should change what I'm doing to match this?

I look at the editing history for that page in the wiki, and do you know who wrote that page? Me! 4 days ago! ROFL

I completely forgot. Funny though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Better than I was going thru an old program cursing the developer who had written the buggy code I was fixing, then noting it was me.

Though I also once looked up the solution to a problem and found an old answer written by me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better than reading comments under a YouTube video and finding one which provided some remarkable insight on the topic which you'd not considered before, only to discover it was posted by one of your previous online aliases from a few years before.   Don't ask me how I know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Techwright said:

Better than reading comments under a YouTube video and finding one which provided some remarkable insight on the topic which you'd not considered before, only to discover it was posted by one of your previous online aliases from a few years before.   Don't ask me how I know.

Must make you feel like a real doofus, getting shown up online like that.

• Haha 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/25/2022 at 8:08 PM, BlackSpectre said:

I'm working on improving the descriptions for all of the movement commands at the Wiki... I fix one after the other, and then I tackle /autorun. I read what's there, and say to myself, "Wow. This page is really well written! Everything is clear and understandable, and the layout is very nice. Maybe I should change what I'm doing to match this?

I look at the editing history for that page in the wiki, and do you know who wrote that page? Me! 4 days ago! ROFL

I completely forgot. Funny though.

oh... I do this kind of thing alot, and it is good to laugh at oneself

• Like 1