Storm/Water or Storm/Ice

Ripstick

Hello all! Apologies in advanced for some base-line questions. I'm pretty new to the game (again) and trying to catch up with the current balance of everything. 

I read through this topic here:

There's lots of discussion on Ice vs Water. Seems like water has a great potential for procs.

Does this mean a chance for extra damage on attacks? I've also read that procs per minute has been nerfed so is this still a viable strategy for building a character?

I've leveled a Storm/Ice defender to about 26 and overall I'm not that satisfied with it. Seems like just to kill one pack I've got to use my whole blue bar and that's even before getting to Tornado and Lightning Storm (which may allow me to kill faster?).

I'm worried with Water (I have a Water/Time blaster) that if I'm trying to use Tornado and LS on cooldown I won't be able to consume the Tidal Power effectively. 

Ice seems to have a decent single target nuke in Freeze Ray but like I said I feel like I have to toss my entire End bar at a pack to kill it.

So what would you roll and why? The idea of a proc heavy build seems fun if I'm understanding it correctly. My goal would be able to be effective at soloing as well as have a noticeable difference in team performance when teaming. 

4 hours ago, Ripstick said:

Hello all! Apologies in advanced for some base-line questions. I'm pretty new to the game (again) and trying to catch up with the current balance of everything. 

I read through this topic here:

There's lots of discussion on Ice vs Water. Seems like water has a great potential for procs.

Does this mean a chance for extra damage on attacks? I've also read that procs per minute has been nerfed so is this still a viable strategy for building a character?

I've leveled a Storm/Ice defender to about 26 and overall I'm not that satisfied with it. Seems like just to kill one pack I've got to use my whole blue bar and that's even before getting to Tornado and Lightning Storm (which may allow me to kill faster?).

I'm worried with Water (I have a Water/Time blaster) that if I'm trying to use Tornado and LS on cooldown I won't be able to consume the Tidal Power effectively. 

Ice seems to have a decent single target nuke in Freeze Ray but like I said I feel like I have to toss my entire End bar at a pack to kill it.

So what would you roll and why? The idea of a proc heavy build seems fun if I'm understanding it correctly. My goal would be able to be effective at soloing as well as have a noticeable difference in team performance when teaming. 

Both are good. 

Water and Ice , both go very well with storm. 

Either one will seriously be just as fun and strong.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, Troyusrex said:

I should know this, but I don’t… is there an easy way to export a build without having to enter every last IO into mids?

If you don't have the build saved, I don't think so. One easy option would be taking a screenshot of your characters enhancement window like the good ole days lol.

1 hour ago, smnolimits41 said:

does tornado take damage or whats the best way to slot it ??

Yes it takes damage enhancements.  I'd probably slot 4 Expedient Reinforcements and a kb to kd proc +/- an Achilles proc --> so 6 slots.  There was a time when I liked 3 defdebuff/recharge and 3 Soulbound but that was pre kb to kd specials.  Goal was to get out as many as 3 Tornadoes at a time.  It autohits and also causes Afraid (mag 10) and will cause some AVs to turn into runners but generally isn't a huge problem in this respect.

Tornado takes damage.  My Plant/Storm has the Achilles Heel proc, the Sudden Acceleration KB>KD IO, and then 4 slotted with Expedient Reinforcement because Tornado takes the Recharge Intensive Pet sets and Storm wants more recharge

• Thumbs Up 1