City of Toxic

Kendai

It is a shame that Taskforce Junkies was not the welcoming, helpful group they made themselves out to be. Their leader has 0 regard for other events running, and I've witnessed highly confrontational situations where they don't back down, and do what they want anyway regardless. (An example was a clashing MSR with a regular scheduled slot with an SG - I don't know all the details)

They claim to be inclusive, yet make demands in their discord for only certain ATs and powers in their runs, implying that the ATs they don't want, such as controllers etc. are useless. Their leader will moan to get attention and approval from the discord channel, claiming that he doesn't understand people's complaints, that he helps so much and if anyone wants help they should ask for it.

Well I did ask for help a while ago, and got outright ignored. I brought up issues above and instead of addressing them I was berated, insulted, and again, just received more boasting about how helpful and great they were. Then their leader kicked me from the discord.

With TFJ running about half the events I see online, it will be hard for me to ever join incarnate runs or many other events again. It was a shame. I was enjoying the game but thanks to some toxic behaviour it doesn't look like I'll be able to take part in many community events here.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I've literally been bullied off the game. I'll probably have to uninstall when I'm back from holiday. It's not great feeling - logging on and knowing you can pretty much count yourself out of joining most events.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I've had some awful experiences with players too. I write them off. Add them to my ignore list. One or two of them are ignored on these forums. I've mentioned who in the past, but don't care as much now because they don't bother me anymore.

Most of the people on Homecoming are not awful. There are totally quiet groups out there who would love to have a regular join them, and if I wasn't disabled and in pain all the time, I would be with one of those groups grinding out the same mission arcs over and over and over. But my body just can't sit in front of a computer that long. What I am saying though is that there are people out there who would welcome you if you happen to stumble upon them.

Maybe. But TFJ run a lot of incarnate stuff which needs a lot of people to make it happen. Smaller groups might not work for me 😞

Have you tried the Cosmic Council? They run nightly events, including weekly Master of Incarnate Trials. While they have an SG proper, they are more of a community of gamers across a wide swath of the player base. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, and their leadership is extremely inclusive of all players and play styles. 

You can request content and they'll put it on their schedule and make sure you have a good team to succeed. 

You want to bring your petless mastermind to endgame content? Bring it!! You want to show how quick you can clear an ITF? They'll celebrate with you. 

Check out their discord if you'd like or if you have questions. https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

Their schedule is a bit sparse this week due to the patch, but scroll through their Event Schedule to see if they run the type of things you're interested in. 

Edited by The Peacock
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know of TFJ (pretty sure they're in my discord channels), but hardly interact with them directly.  On Excelsior, there's a few people that run good incarnate trials.  Oklahoma seems to be the most frequent and consistent.  And certainly not toxic in my experience.

You can also try one of the other servers.  I've recently started hanging out on Everlasting because of a friend joining HC and he had some previous contacts there.  I haven't sussed out the usual culture there (other than all the RPG peeps existing), but there is a TF channel that's very active.

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the shoutout @lemming and @Krimson. You're both too kind.

Not taking anything away from your experience OP, but while I'm not part of TFJ I do communicate with them a fair bit and hang out on their Discord on rare occasions. They've noticed when I am recruiting for stuff and hold up on their efforts until I am full, and we talk with each other to make sure we're not both about to run a big event at the same time. If I'm in the middle of running a BAF and I see them start to advertise for one, I let them know so they have the option to run something different. They run a lot of stuff and run it well, and in my experience they share the playground nicely. 

2 hours ago, Kendai said:

(An example was a clashing MSR with a regular scheduled slot with an SG - I don't know all the details)

Like you, I don't know the details, so it's hard for me to comment on it at all. I will say that something TFJ and everyone can do better is add regularly scheduled events to the player led event calendar. If it's not on there, it's kind of hard to say you have a "regularly scheduled" anything.

Even with that, right now there are 681 people on Excelsior (midday Wednesday). I wouldn't dare try this because some people are very territorial about timeslots, but I can't believe Excelsior can't handle both an MSR and a Hami right now at the same time. I think maybe we worry too much about trying to give players only 1 choice of big activity at a time. In fact, I saw recently where TFJ was running both an MSR and a Hami at the same time, albeit on the weekend.

And, be flexible. I've logged on at 10pm Central before to find someone else was forming an MSR, so I run iTrials instead. I'm not in a position to commit to a regular schedule, so that's bound to happen. We're all just trying to have fun here. Don't play with unfun people, try to be fun yourself, and enjoy the game while we have it.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kendai said:

Well I did ask for help a while ago, and got outright ignored. I brought up issues above and instead of addressing them I was berated, insulted, and again, just received more boasting about how helpful and great they were. Then their leader kicked me from the discord.

Great.

Sounds like you need to put them on /ignore in-game and forget about going to their discord channel.

Why let it bother you if you are avoiding being around someone you feel is rude and behaving in an immoral manner?

No reason to bring it here if they are overlord of their domain.

It would be better suited to bring it up in a support ticket if it is within Homecoming's domain ... which I'm assuming the Homecoming discord is ... and, therefore, abide by the CoC and EULA. 

So, yeah, I would direct you to report the behavior in a support ticket.

But in the meantime, go back to step one and avoid people you don't want to game with and/or don't want to game with you.

Cliques be cliques.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Kendai said:

It is a shame that Taskforce Junkies was not the welcoming, helpful group they made themselves out to be. Their leader has 0 regard for other events running, and I've witnessed highly confrontational situations where they don't back down, and do what they want anyway regardless. (An example was a clashing MSR with a regular scheduled slot with an SG - I don't know all the details)

They claim to be inclusive, yet make demands in their discord for only certain ATs and powers in their runs, implying that the ATs they don't want, such as controllers etc. are useless. Their leader will moan to get attention and approval from the discord channel, claiming that he doesn't understand people's complaints, that he helps so much and if anyone wants help they should ask for it.

With TFJ running about half the events I see online, it will be hard for me to ever join incarnate runs or many other events again. It was a shame. I was enjoying the game but thanks to some toxic behaviour it doesn't look like I'll be able to take part in many community events here.

Thank you for the feedback Kedai. It was a pleasure having you in the TFJ community. It is a shame that we could not come to a better understanding. I am sure there are several members in the CoH community that do not mesh well with others, such is expected in large groups. We did offer several times to try and assist you with whatever badge runs you wanted or desired. Sadly our schedules did not line up or your request did not get noticed instantly, real life can be overwhelming. I truly hope you do find a group that better suits your playing hours and desires. Best of luck in your gaming experience. Sincerly, the moaning leader of TFJ. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Peacock said:

Have you tried the Cosmic Council? They run nightly events, including weekly Master of Incarnate Trials. While they have an SG proper, they are more of a community of gamers across a wide swath of the player base. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, and their leadership is extremely inclusive of all players and play styles. 

You can request content and they'll put it on their schedule and make sure you have a good team to succeed. 

You want to bring your petless mastermind to endgame content? Bring it!! You want to show how quick you can clear an ITF? They'll celebrate with you. 

Check out their discord if you'd like or if you have questions. https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

Their schedule is a bit sparse this week due to the patch, but scroll through their Event Schedule to see if they run the type of things you're interested in. 

I can second this as well Kendai, this is another large community that runs all the content as well. They are more organized when it comes to scheduling events and there are a lot of good people and very knowledgeable players, I personally still play with a lot of their current SG. It truly may be a great home for you. Another large scale community would be Sovereign, also very organized. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STiTcH said:

Thank you for the feedback Kedai. It was a pleasure having you in the TFJ community. It is a shame that we could not come to a better understanding. I am sure there are several members in the CoH community that do not mesh well with others, such is expected in large groups. We did offer several times to try and assist you with whatever badge runs you wanted or desired. Sadly our schedules did not line up or your request did not get noticed instantly, real life can be overwhelming. I truly hope you do find a group that better suits your playing hours and desires. Best of luck in your gaming experience. Sincerly, the moaning leader of TFJ. 

You not only allowed others to abuse me in your discord, you kicked me from the discord when all I did was bring some issues to your attention. I said, ok, we'll see how things work out if I try to organise something again in the future, but you didn't even give me that chance.

You kicked me - that is not helpful in any shape or form. Do not pretend that you are as polite or benign as you are trying to make yourself out to be here. You don't kick someone for their time difference or schedule not matching up. There was no warning or attempt to make things right - you just kept saying "I'm so helpful" on repeat. Well I guess we can see how helpful you really are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kendai said:

You not only allowed others to abuse me in your discord, you kicked me from the discord when all I did was bring some issues to your attention. I said, ok, we'll see how things work out if I try to organise something again in the future, but you didn't even give me that chance.

You kicked me - that is not helpful in any shape or form. Do not pretend that you are as polite or benign as you are trying to make yourself out to be here. You don't kick someone for their time difference or schedule not matching up. There was no warning or attempt to make things right - you just kept saying "I'm so helpful" on repeat. Well I guess we can see how helpful you really are.

Again I wish you the best and appreciate all the slander. I will not bother slandering you nor posting our side of your one sided story. Best of luck mate. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

5 minutes ago, STiTcH said:

Again I wish you the best and appreciate all the slander. I will not bother slandering you nor posting our side of your one sided story. Best of luck mate. 

Feel free to post what was said. I can't cos I got kicked from your server so I can't look at it again. Your sarcasm betrays you. If you really wished me well you wouldn't have kicked me for merely disagreeing with you. You're not fooling anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kendai said:

Feel free to post what was said. I can't cos I got kicked from your server so I can't look at it again. Your sarcasm betrays you. If you really wished me well you wouldn't have kicked me for merely disagreeing with you. You're not fooling anyone.

I actually did wish you well and highly recommended Cosmic Council and Soverign for you. We just were not a good fit for each other. Those groups are great groups. 

• Like 1