Time vs Force Field

meyerwolf406

looking to make a support Defender char to help out in the new ITF Hard Mode. I'm a old school empath from back in Live.  Haven't done much since then though lol.   Anyone have exp with ether one of these on a team aspect.  I do not plan to solo this char so the secondary is up for suggestions. I was thinking water or dark for the self heal but could really go any direction with it. I have little exp with FF and 0 with Time.  anyone have some sample build that are Team focused that would be awesome.  Overkill is what im looking for to help with the 3* and 4* difficulties.  Influence is not a concern (that is why we Farm right).  Thank you all for your help. 

Either will work.   Clarion * PBU * FF can pump out 70 defense.

Meanwhile Time can similar with Defense and Tohit, probably something in the 50 defense and 40 to-hit range.   This covers two things you'll need for 4-star.

There's a thread already on both Time/ and FF/ .... just look around.

here are two quick builds I have handy.  But you may or may not need to update your mids.

Time DP Defender - Dahkness 4-Star ITF v4 - [i27].mxd FF Water Soul - Heavy Support 57-74 - Overwatch 1 - [i25].mxd

• Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Forcefield shines most when Dispersion Bubble is keeping people unmezzed in addition to the awesome defense bubbles

In hardmode content with Incarnates I don't think Dispersion Bubble is probably as necessary.  I could be wrong though!

In general I do not advise trying to build offensive Proc builds for hardmode.  The average proc build will squish like a grape. 

• Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

5 minutes ago, Dark Current said:

Is this what you're recommending? This build is easily 500 million assuming you have some of the recipes, drops already. Closer to a billion if you try and buy it all from the market.

Influence is not a issue.... I have several char near inf. cap and multiple enhancement tables full of purples I can sell or convert. have no problem spending inf. that is why we farm lol. I am just looking for the best team support non solo focused build that people have seen or made or know of. 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:24 PM, Dark Current said:

Is this what you're recommending? This build is easily 500 million assuming you have some of the recipes, drops already. Closer to a billion if you try and buy it all from the market.

Doing any decent build for under 500 is on the rare side. ATOs alone can cost you about 100 mill.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."