What would help more on the new ITFs, a Stone Tank or a Illusion/Rad Troller ???

smnolimits41

My stone on 4 star needed to hit the cool downs (hybrid,Demonic, barrier) and still needed heals. We had multiple Barriers we rotated. 

4 Star those romans hit everything (team had me at 90% def all. Resist were maxed all the time with the cooldown rotation and I haven't seen much in the game that even moves his health bar. 

We had an Ill/something and it definitely helped take some of the pressure off. 

We failed as we could not touch Romi phase 1. He would 1 shot me at the tank HP cap (and 90% resist) with his fold space Void Judgment shenanigans. and the team couldn't hold the control nictus and kill the others under the minute Nictus respawn timer. Everything else was doable before that. The Pain MM had to get some kind of badge for the rezzes he did. 

On that note I think a non PUG group can do it. I think as long as your organized it should be doable. 

3 star isn't that bad. Play what you want and have defensive cooldowns you can get a hold of. 

My dom with no defense at all did a 2 star pretty easily. 

I need to retry my Ill/Rad. Stopped playing I couldn't stand casting RI over and over due to the animation taking forever. Page 4 fixed that though so time to put some IOs on him. 

On 8/28/2022 at 4:43 AM, Hyperstrike said:

It depends entirely on team makeup.

Yeap.  Both.

• Illusion and Plant are both good for covering the Hostless.
  • Illusion helps cover tanking as well, but will not substitute completely for an actual tank.   However, there have been successful (if painful) Tank-less 4-star runs.  A Tank is not required.
  • Tanks are equally invaluable for providing a solid frame to stack buffs on top of, as well as being superior at taunting.  However, NO TANK will be able to solo a 4-star end to end without support, even if that support is only Incarnates and 7 blasters doing massive damage.  A 4-star with 1 tank and 7 blasters had been done now, it's likely coordinated destinies had a significant influence in that outcome.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, Linea said:
  • Tanks are equally invaluable for providing a solid frame to stack buffs on top of, as well as being superior at taunting.  However, NO TANK will be able to solo a 4-star end to end without support, even if that support is only Incarnates and 7 blasters doing massive damage.  A 4-star with 1 tank and 7 blasters had been done now, it's likely coordinated destinies had a significant influence in that outcome.

I can vouch for this.

The debuffs and damage are fierce enough that 4-star Cims might take a minute or two to chop you down.
BUT THEY *WILL* CHOP YOU DOWN.
You simply can't do enough damage to them before they shuck you out of your armors.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Not sure what flavor of tank will make a lot of difference. Heck, bring a Brute if you want to. No one who is doing these hard modes will do them with randoms so there will always be buffs and whomever is tanking will be at the caps. That said Tankers have more HP.

I might say a Rad Armor for the absorb shield which is unique to them and adds a fat stack of 'fake' HP that needs to be taken down, or Shield for the big resistance to debuffs while having decent resists on top of good defense. Stone Armor/Invuln does have the HP buffer so they can be at or close to the HP cap that is almost the same as the shield Rad Armor has.

Illusion will be useful with the immortal pets, but will not replace a tank since they cannot possibly grab agro from EVERYTHING. But they will help either to share agro or when the tank faceplants.

I have a feel more than the flavor of tank it will be learning the mechanics and what can or not be face tanked, knowing when to kite, when to go in, and learning how to juggle defensives. @Lineahas a very good post on this though I don't recall where it was in order to link it, and where they speak about how they cycle defensives up to and including accolades and temp powers and T9s and when to fall back when these are in cooldown in order to survive normally near impossible content.