Traumatic Brain Injury player needs advice on Symphony Doms

Antarticaa

I have NO idea how to slot Symphony powers.  I have a traumatic brain injury and slotting escapes me, though it embarrasses me to admit it.  I am a real noob regarding Doms,  I have a young Symphony dom that I created cause I'm a musician (the brain injury didnt take that away at least!)  I would appreciate your advice on how to slot her!!!

Thanks,

Ant

• Like 3

On 8/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Antarticaa said:

I have NO idea how to slot Symphony powers.  I have a traumatic brain injury and slotting escapes me, though it embarrasses me to admit it.  I am a real noob regarding Doms,  I have a young Symphony dom that I created cause I'm a musician (the brain injury didnt take that away at least!)  I would appreciate your advice on how to slot her!!!

Are you playing the leveling of the character or do you power-level to 50?

I'm assuming you have already picked some powers. Which powers have you picked?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'm playing her to 50 to get a good grasp of what she can and cannot do.  I want her to be a good support player.   So far I've slotted Melodic Binding with Ascencion of the Dominator, Hymn of Dissonance with Wiinters Bite, Dreadful Discord with Unspeakable Terror and Confounding Chant has Dominating Grasp.

Aria of Stasis is a Cone, Dmg, Chords of Despair is a targeted AoE and Reverberant is a pet that echos your holds but I have No idea on how to slot these, or if I've done the above powers correctly.  

Thanks!

By goals I meant post hitting 50 with the character.   Not everyone begins or worries about slotting set IO's whilst they're leveling to 50 unless they already know the plans they have for it once its 50.   For example, if you were to be playing the hardmode content post 50, players would focus on power choices and bonuses from IO sets to help them survive/do well on a team embarking on such content. For their min/maxing(and you can look in different threads on these forums about that), you can see sometimes that even power choices are only done so that specific enhancement sets/combinations of sets can give the most optimal bonuses.

For now, my impression is that you're not really going to involve yourself with the more challenging post 50 game play stuff so min/maxing isn't a concern for you.  Slotting and power choices per your line of thinking thus seem fine.

As for Reverberant, since the pet only mimics what you cast within a short time after you cast it,  probably just going with one of the pet sets that gives you the more advantageous bonuses or similar would be fine.  Again my impression is you're looking towards a more relaxed game play consideration.

14 hours ago, Xandyr said:

I don't think Mids has the new powersets yet. Least mine doesn't.

Correct but there are other powers that take same/similar sets, it's tedious but it can for those truly wanting to min/max to work out what the new power set combos could manage to have.   However, the OP seemingly isn't going that route.  Primarily as well my asking was to more see whether they were aware of the planner or not as well.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Antarticaa said:

Thanks,

Ant

I'm going to speak in very general terms, here, so my advice may not apply to every circumstance, but I think it is generally useful:

1. Slot your attack powers with 2 accuracy, 3 damage, and an optional endurance reduction or recharge reduction, depending upon if you have any endurance issues or need those attacks up more often.

2. For your control abilities, I'd go with this - 2 acc, 2 of the appropriate effect, (hold, disorient, immobilize, etc), then 2 recharge.  Swap out 1 of the mez enhancements for an endurance cost reduction if you have endurance issues, or an additional recharge if having the power up for often is a priority.

3. As an alternative to #2 above, go with a similar 2 acc, 3 dmg, 1 end redux or rech if slots are available.

The main thing you should consider when dealing with Symphony Control characters is making sure you slot the stun cone power as an attack. You'll want Accuracy, Stun, Damage, and Recharge in this power. It is the most important power in the set, being your most significant source of reliable control, comboed with dealing excellent AoE damage that can otherwise be hard to come by on a Dominator.

The rest of the set is up to you. I'd take the Hold power for sure, then whatever controls you feel you want. The Terrify and Sleep cones are fine, especially since the Sleep one is autohit. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1