Disable +res and +def orange/purple shield icons -- Pleeeease

AxerJ

The everpresent floating orange and purple shield icons from +res and +def buffs (even from enhancements!) look quite lame. I was enjoying my mastermind, but now all my cool undead are constantly circled by large orange and purple shield symbols because I equipped the +def/+res pet enhancements.

Please make these optional!

Thank you.

Or - make the mastermind henchmen +res and +def enhancements a straight buff and not an aura. Whatever must be done to remove those horribly unsightly, permanent bright orange and purple shield icons from floating around our minions for all eternity.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, AxerJ said:

Or - make the mastermind henchmen +res and +def enhancements a straight buff and not an aura. Whatever must be done to remove those horribly unsightly, permanent bright orange and purple shield icons from floating around our minions for all eternity.

Thank you!

Especially considering you need all 6 of those buffs to make a functional MM build.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I get not wanting all these FX floating around, but at the same time, those animations are meant to convey what is active on a particular target.  I suppose, since you can still see the buff icons in the pet window, this wouldn't leave you "blind" to what effects they're under, in which case, I could get behind an *option* to suppress said FX...

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the recent changes to the targeting window (the adding of 'distance from target'), adjusting the buff/debuff indicators to show up there rather than float around character models could be an option?

When it comes to most player-side buffs/debuffs (be it on their character, their pets, or their teammates), players can already track all of that from the Status, Team, and Pet windows as is anyway. The only time the 'float around the model' visual indicators really make a difference is for enemy mobs, as it's the only visual indication we've got to run off of for some power buffs/debuffs after their initial animation is done (or in this specific instance, MM pets subjected to a constant auto-buff) - but having them show up in the target window, or perhaps aligned with the targeting reticle, seems like a much easier way to track 'X has been applied to the target.' Definitely a lot more direct than trying to find small floaty FX that phase in and out amid what can easily become a massive screen-wide mishmash of particle FX and enemy mobs. Especially considering that a hefty amount of said screen-wide mishmash of power FX comes from the actual power FX that applies those minor buff/debuff icons anyway.

Plus, as @AxerJ posted, there's the fact that the MM knows what buffs their pets have because they activated the powers/slotted the IOs. With the markers in the status window, if they still aren't sure they can just click on a lion or a robot and immediately know 'These are the specific buffs this pet has' rather than trying to figure out which floaty icons are being applied from which source (or be permanently stuck with said floaty icons obscuring their pet models because they used a certain part of the IO system).

Edited by El D
  • Like 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, AxerJ said:

The everpresent floating orange and purple shield icons from +res and +def buffs (even from enhancements!) look quite lame. I was enjoying my mastermind, but now all my cool undead are constantly circled by large orange and purple shield symbols because I equipped the +def/+res pet enhancements.

Please make these optional!

Thank you.

Not just on pets.  I'm not a fan of orbiting icon symbols on players either.
Making it optional client side would be a great QoL, especially if it can reduce the visual effects count too!

• Like 1