How to activate the Sentinel's Ward enhancements?

Diantane

I have several of the Sentinel's Wards enhancements and occasionally when fighting a message comes across the screen that says, "SENTINELS WARD". Now I believe I have to do something to activate this, but no power comes to my tray and no special inspiration is added to an empty slot. Anyone know how I activate this power and what it does?

If you're talking about Sentinel's Ward ATO, then you don't have to do anything--it's automatic. The proc in that set is +chance for absorb. When it does fire, you get the floating message SENTINEL'S WARD in orange as well as a bit of absorb. This is the white line in your Green HP bar, which effectively raises your max HP for some time. I don't remember if it works best when you're lower in health like some of the max hp + absorb click powers.

The proc works better if you place in in an AoE/PBAoE so that it has more chances to fire -- incidentally, some of the Sentinel Epics take ATOs like Ninja Mastery (I have mine in Caltrops). The flip side is, while it has more chances to fire, you only get the benefit once each time you use the power it's slotted in. For example, if I slot it in Bullet Rain, which has 10 targets max, I get 10 chances for it to fire. if and when it does, I get 10 SW orange floaters... But I only get the absorb for one of them, so it does not stack. I can get the absorb again the next time I fire Bullet Rain.

Edit:
based on the new mechanic of Vulnerability, you have to click the Vulnerability power button much like Doms do. I'm not entirely sure how the +Chance for Opportunity contributes to Vulnerability now--does it help fill up the bar? does it even do anything. I've been too preoccupied with the other Sentinel changes + new stuff that I keep forgetting to click Vulnerability so no bright yellow crosshairs. haha.

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is good to know information, I was not processing that it was a proc firing off.  Does it add absorb to others or just self because I don't have it yet.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Just you. Sentinels are selfish like that haha. The only thing you can share if you're a Sent is the Leadership Pool (which every one has) and the targeting thing from Epic pool (I forget what it's called). The only other useful one that I can think of is Linked Minds also from Psi Epic Pool.

Also, the Sent's Ward ATO proc isn't that useful since you're already tanky as a sent. I suppose if you really get into the role of (medium-) ranged Tank... minus the taunt, then go for it. Most sents have really good heals... some even 2 or 3, so an absorb on top of that seems redundant or a waste. It does let you go Leroy Jenkins I guess.

• 4 weeks later
On 9/11/2022 at 8:07 AM, Diantane said:

I have several of the Sentinel's Wards enhancements and occasionally when fighting a message comes across the screen that says, "SENTINELS WARD". Now I believe I have to do something to activate this, but no power comes to my tray and no special inspiration is added to an empty slot. Anyone know how I activate this power and what it does?

It happens (sometimes) when you activate the power that the AT enhancement is slotted in.  It fires more reliably (often) when you slot it in a slow recharging power.

• 5 weeks later
On 9/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, High_Beam said:

Does it add absorb to others or just self

Self only.  The Defender ATO's have an Ally AoE version of the same procs (heal and absorb).

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!