Name Flag

Rudra

Can a flag be added to the account or to all screens for character select to notify the player that any character regardless of which screen they are on is coming up on the time to lose their name? I just noticed that another character is flagged for their name because I missed the character doing my last review and don't normally have to scroll through all the pages checking my characters for updating. Having a flag that is there saying that any character on the account is flagged would at least let people like me know to go looking for that character.

(I'm still against this name thing as is. We're allowed 1000 character slots per account, that is a LOT of review for anyone with alt-itis. It's already implemented though, so can we at least get a notice that is in our face at the front to let us know? Just a "One or more characters is at risk of losing their name" flag on login?)

• Thumbs Up 2

Assuming even This is possible, the only feasible way to have this occur is to have it flagged in a single spot on the character/server list screen (before entering game).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

What about an additional filter on the select screen?  We have options for name, AT, and powerset now.  Could we get some kind of filter for days remaining --either by putting in a specific number to search or just terms like "Safe," "Close," "Over," and "Lost"?

Safe would be anything that is within the normal time permitted, obviously.
Close could be set at like 10 or 15 days before your time has expired.
Over is after your time has passed and your name is now up for grabs but hasn't yet been claimed by anyone else.

Lost or Taken would be characters whose names were claimed by someone else after the allotted time passed and someone else took it.

Edited by Player2

8 hours ago, Player2 said:

What about an additional filter on the select screen?  We have options for name, AT, and powerset now.  Could we get some kind of filter for days remaining --either by putting in a specific number to search or just terms like "Safe," "Close," "Over," and "Lost"?

Safe would be anything that is within the normal time permitted, obviously.
Close could be set at like 10 or 15 days before your time has expired.
Over is after your time has passed and your name is now up for grabs but hasn't yet been claimed by anyone else.

Lost or Taken would be characters whose names were claimed by someone else after the allotted time passed and someone else took it.

I'm pretty sure that'd be covered in the "Tech Reasons" as they said they couldn't even sort characters in different ways, let alone use the meta data you're talking about. Basically, until someone de-spaghettifies the code or goes ham and rewrites the code, then I don't see any of the above (including the other thread) from happening any time soon. 😕

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

6 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

I'm pretty sure that'd be covered in the "Tech Reasons" as they said they couldn't even sort characters in different ways, let alone use the meta data you're talking about. Basically, until someone de-spaghettifies the code or goes ham and rewrites the code, then I don't see any of the above (including the other thread) from happening any time soon. 😕

There is a definite difference in sorting and filtering.