Sentinel. Tank Mage! Cometh the hour. Sonic Rad rocks!

Golden Azrael

Hello fellow Sentinel Luminaries.

After a run of Tank learned addiction.  I thought I'd try my hand at a Sentinel.

My dream on live?  A blaster with a chin made of granite and not glass.  A blaster who could stand their ground and not get knocked over.  A blaster that 'could.'

Sonic.  Radiation.

Much to my surprise, ten threads into the Sentinel forums.  Not a peep on a Sentinel Sonic/Rad.

Under the dark storm clouds of Sentinel AT complaints I decided to try this.  Strange as I'd just done a Sonic/Sonic blaster (defence capped for S*L and Range!) and thought that would be the end of my dalliance with Sonic.

1.  I get what you're saying about damage.  Out of the box?  Nothing to write home about.

2.  But you can build 'great' things from mediocrity. 😄

I took all the primary and secondary powers.  Added Hasten.  Added Havoc punch.  I got the Fight pool to boost my res' and def' numbers.

My incarnates?  I took the ALPHA Intuition to build mOAR dam in.  It also has the luv'ly side effect of giving monumental range to the previously cauterised range on Sentinel.  Which means even my 'Sleep' power or the Howl...or the Shockwave powers can reach 'way over there...'  Shriek on a Sentinel does High Damage.  (My Sonic/Sonic defender has a bit of you know what envy.)

And Radial Assault for MOAR double hit and proc style damage.

All of a sudden?  I'm rinsing Council maps from L45 onwards.  +0x8.  +1x8.  Solo!

Post 50 with the choices above?  +3x8.  +4x8 council maps.  Maps rinsed for coin and drops mercilously!

Disclaimer.  I have been back for much of this journey by the generous support of a Time/Seismic Defender!  Very stylish and powerful with the debuffs.

Really put me 'other the top' on dam'/def/recharge etc.  (Have to love Chrono'...)

I have Siren's.  I make them sleep.  I have force feedback in Shockwave.  KB to KD.  Then give them Howl.  Then rinse.  I have an AoE in my Rad armour as well.  I get an uber dam' boost from MELT DOWN!!!!

The 'Nova' is enough to hurt them.  (But the damage...all my AoEs do damage.  It stacks.  By the time the mob gets to me...it's in tatters for my Nova to blast them to smithers or single target pick them off.  Radial Assault is a joy to press!)  And I put Degen' Incarnate INterface in there as well.  Makes sense with Rad being my Armour giving off poison aura.)

I don't seem myself as a 'kill them straight away' in one hit kind of AT.  But I can tear / shred their defences and give most mobs a really hard time.  (You listening, Malta?)

With my Duo (Time/Seismic) partner, we shredded (the right word) the reputations of Malta, Carnie, Long Bow (ya aint Cap America now, are ya?), Arty, Plant People...etc.

IF you haven't tried it?  I recommend it.  It's not a blaster.  It's not a Tank.  But it has elements of both to make you a 'Tank Mage.'

I'm not comparing this to a blaster.  Or a Tank.  But my Sentinel is quite tough.  Tough enough to last long enough to do real damage.  Shred mobs.  To ruck mobs over.  (Replace with a 'F' if you wish.)

No.  You're not a scrapper with range damage.  (That said, I have several 'classic' scrappers that would raise an eyebrow at what I'm doing.)

You are.  'The Sentinel.'

God bless you, Guv'nor.  And all who get shredded by her.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 3

• Golden Azrael changed the title to Sentinel. Tank Mage! Cometh the hour. Sonic Rad rocks!
  • 2 weeks later
On 9/26/2022 at 8:18 AM, Golden Azrael said:

Hello fellow Sentinel Luminaries.

After a run of Tank learned addiction.  I thought I'd try my hand at a Sentinel.

My dream on live?  A blaster with a chin made of granite and not glass.  A blaster who could stand their ground and not get knocked over.  A blaster that 'could.'

Sonic.  Radiation.

Much to my surprise, ten threads into the Sentinel forums.  Not a peep on a Sentinel Sonic/Rad.

Under the dark storm clouds of Sentinel AT complaints I decided to try this.  Strange as I'd just done a Sonic/Sonic blaster (defence capped for S*L and Range!) and thought that would be the end of my dalliance with Sonic.

1.  I get what you're saying about damage.  Out of the box?  Nothing to write home about.

2.  But you can build 'great' things from mediocrity. 😄

I took all the primary and secondary powers.  Added Hasten.  Added Havoc punch.  I got the Fight pool to boost my res' and def' numbers.

My incarnates?  I took the ALPHA Intuition to build mOAR dam in.  It also has the luv'ly side effect of giving monumental range to the previously cauterised range on Sentinel.  Which means even my 'Sleep' power or the Howl...or the Shockwave powers can reach 'way over there...'  Shriek on a Sentinel does High Damage.  (My Sonic/Sonic defender has a bit of you know what envy.)

And Radial Assault for MOAR double hit and proc style damage.

All of a sudden?  I'm rinsing Council maps from L45 onwards.  +0x8.  +1x8.  Solo!

Post 50 with the choices above?  +3x8.  +4x8 council maps.  Maps rinsed for coin and drops mercilously!

Disclaimer.  I have been back for much of this journey by the generous support of a Time/Seismic Defender!  Very stylish and powerful with the debuffs.

Really put me 'other the top' on dam'/def/recharge etc.  (Have to love Chrono'...)

I have Siren's.  I make them sleep.  I have force feedback in Shockwave.  KB to KD.  Then give them Howl.  Then rinse.  I have an AoE in my Rad armour as well.  I get an uber dam' boost from MELT DOWN!!!!

The 'Nova' is enough to hurt them.  (But the damage...all my AoEs do damage.  It stacks.  By the time the mob gets to me...it's in tatters for my Nova to blast them to smithers or single target pick them off.  Radial Assault is a joy to press!)  And I put Degen' Incarnate INterface in there as well.  Makes sense with Rad being my Armour giving off poison aura.)

I don't seem myself as a 'kill them straight away' in one hit kind of AT.  But I can tear / shred their defences and give most mobs a really hard time.  (You listening, Malta?)

With my Duo (Time/Seismic) partner, we shredded (the right word) the reputations of Malta, Carnie, Long Bow (ya aint Cap America now, are ya?), Arty, Plant People...etc.

IF you haven't tried it?  I recommend it.  It's not a blaster.  It's not a Tank.  But it has elements of both to make you a 'Tank Mage.'

I'm not comparing this to a blaster.  Or a Tank.  But my Sentinel is quite tough.  Tough enough to last long enough to do real damage.  Shred mobs.  To ruck mobs over.  (Replace with a 'F' if you wish.)

No.  You're not a scrapper with range damage.  (That said, I have several 'classic' scrappers that would raise an eyebrow at what I'm doing.)

You are.  'The Sentinel.'

God bless you, Guv'nor.  And all who get shredded by her.

Azrael.

I haven't played sonic on sents yet so I might give this a go

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Golden Azrael said:

You might like to head over to Beta and try out Stone Armor on Sentinels. If you don't mind being land based, Terra Firma gives a nice little buff to range that pairs nicely with sonic's cones. You also get Brimstone proc for extra damage, and it's a tough armor set in general.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 10/5/2022 at 6:05 AM, Bopper said:

You might like to head over to Beta and try out Stone Armor on Sentinels. If you don't mind being land based, Terra Firma gives a nice little buff to range that pairs nicely with sonic's cones. You also get Brimstone proc for extra damage, and it's a tough armor set in general.

Note worthy response, venerable Bopper.

I have indeed rolled a Seismic Stone Sentinel.  It plays very robustly.  I'll look forward to a 'range buff' care of Terra Firma.

Many were quietly anticipating this set(s) to come to Sentinel.  

It has not disappointed so far.  I can't wait to see the Geode in operation.  It's nice to have the Sentinel have a 'unique' power upon diversification.  Probably works similar to Hibernation except in this instance, too much damage can break it down.

Azrael.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:23 AM, ashenlost said:

I haven't played sonic on sents yet so I might give this a go

Because  you can stay 'planted' as a Sentinel.  You can hold a 'line' and spam your AoEs.  Shockwave.  Howl.  Siren.  Some f.feedback in Shockwave and it's rinse and repeat with a decent dollop of global recharge and hasten.  (Only occasionally, having to 'take a step' back to make sure I have full cone coverage on mobs.)

It's an AoE chainsaw attack.  

Mob shredder.

Azrael.