[Beta] Patch Notes for October 2nd, 2022

Faultline

On 10/2/2022 at 12:42 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

These elite bosses will only spawn if you are above level 25. If you do get one solo and don't want to fight it, you can simply run away and they will despawn automatically after 60 seconds.
Trick-or-Treat enemies have a 3-second safety window after they spawn before they can do anything, giving you ample time to escape if it's not a fight you want to take.

This addition was meant to make Trick-or-Treating in teams or leagues more engaging/lucrative/rewarding.

I tried to follow this advice for the EBs I'm finding I can't solo (on my current character, Vampires and Mummies game on, the Ghost Wolves and the Reapers, run for it).   I just had one of those Hollow Reapers chase me a heck of a long way across Brickstown to take me out.

11 minutes ago, Generator said:

I tried to follow this advice for the EBs I'm finding I can't solo (on my current character, Vampires and Mummies game on, the Ghost Wolves and the Reapers, run for it).   I just had one of those Hollow Reapers chase me a heck of a long way across Brickstown to take me out.

Run to a the train of the area. The drones will zap them away. Every city zone has a train area.

Edited by golstat2003

14 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Run to a the train of the area. The drones will zap them away. Every city zone has a train area.

Sure, and that's what I did once I realized these guys were after me like I was the one worth a badge.  But it would also be nice if these guys gave up after a while.  Without exaggeration, I was in Brickstown, by the neighborhood marker for the Chasm, and he followed me all the way back to the train.

31 minutes ago, Generator said:

Sure, and that's what I did once I realized these guys were after me like I was the one worth a badge.  But it would also be nice if these guys gave up after a while.  Without exaggeration, I was in Brickstown, by the neighborhood marker for the Chasm, and he followed me all the way back to the train.

Then the devs should look into the timer. Based on the patch notes they should de-spawn based on that. If that's not happening then it's  bug.

2 hours ago, Generator said:

The Hazard doors in to Creys Folly also has drones. And hospitals. And AE buildings. And team mates can help a lot too. Players can also open up the Auction House window by typing /ah in to the chat bar to buy inspirations ad nauseum. Players can email themselves inspirations as well. Players with fly or any players with temporary flight powers can move out of range until their health recovers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Hazard doors in to Creys Folly also has drones. And hospitals. And AE buildings. And team mates can help a lot too. Players can also open up the Auction House window by typing /ah in to the chat bar to buy inspirations ad nauseum. Players can email themselves inspirations as well. Players with fly or any players with temporary flight powers can move out of range until their health recovers. 

Obviously, those are all things.  But if the complaint is "EBs spawning on solo players can be a bit of a hassle," and the Devs' response is, "Just go somewhere else," which is what I got from their initial response), having these EBs pursue you to the ends of the earth kind of works against that.

27 minutes ago, Generator said:

Obviously, those are all things.  But if the complaint is "EBs spawning on solo players can be a bit of a hassle," and the Devs' response is, "Just go somewhere else," which is what I got from their initial response), having these EBs pursue you to the ends of the earth kind of works against that.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way myself. Just wanted to give some options for players who have experienced this and needed a way to break contact. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, Faultline said:

Halloween Event 2022

Trick-or-Treat Updates

• Five new elite boss enemies have been added to the enemy roster when Trick-or-Treating above Level 25:
    • Ancient Vampires
    • Spectral Werewolves
    • Arisen Mummies
    • Crone Matriarchs
    • Hollow Reapers
  • These new elite bosses reward five times the influence and experience when defeated.
  • These new elite bosses defeats give credit for the new and old event defeat badges for their enemy type groups.
  • Spectral Werewolf defeats count as both a werewolf and a ghost defeat.
  • Halloween Werewolf enemies will throw coffins using their Hurl power instead of boulders.
  • All new Tier 1 prestige costume appearances have had Halloween temporary power versions added that drop from the event and are also sold by the Halloween salvage vendors.
  • Using a permanent prestige costume will count for all Halloween event criteria that requires you to be wearing a costume such as receiving the Whispered Rumor tip or earning the Tricked Out badge.
  • Halloween costume temporary powers have had 'Halloween' removed from their power names to make them easier to read in the power menu.
  • Halloween salvage vendors have began offering the Fir Bolg prestige costume reward for 10 Prismatic Aether Particles and 50 of each Halloween salvage type. This costume will be available each year for the duration of October.

New Badges

• Five new Event badges added for defeating each of the new Trick-or-Treat Elite Boss types:
    • badge_i27_event_elitevampires.png.0abbfc15bde06a4ca78dfd07dab9824f.pngVampiric Heritage - Defeat 5 Ancient Vampires from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitewerewolves.png.8d5f2f28d39c4656c8790ff853143e4c.pngSpectral Anomaly - Defeat 5 Spectral Werewolves from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitezombies.png.c0505df65b8a16105604b58ebcd05688.pngMummy's Curse - Defeat 5 Arisen Mummies from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitewitches.png.33f507b9050d5937f2dc52b05c5c1411.pngUnholy Cabal - Defeat 5 Crone Matriarchs from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_eliteunseelie.png.00cc83ec589a0cd45abd92756a00f502.pngReaper of Souls - Defeat 5 Hollow Reapers from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
  • Each of the five badges above will also reward 2 Prismatic Aether Particle salvage when earned.

Dr. Kane's House of Horror Trial

• The Bored Guy and Bored Gal in the Dr. Kane's House of Horror trial have been given updated looks of their own.

Hi boss,

Quick Q about this: if I am wearing a Halloween costume, and transform into White Dwarf/ nova form, toggle suppression means the other costume is still on. am I still able to get the tips with a suppressed toggled? I shapeshift a lot and am trying to see if it’d just be better to stay human! 
The same goes for the badges in the House of Horror TF… A suppressed costume toggle under my shapeshift… no badge?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• Booper locked this topic