Fiery Embrace provides no additional benefits to Fire powers (via lasting longer or granting more damage) despite the tooltip blatantly displaying otherwise

I have run extensive amounts of testing to confirm this. And I have confirmed that on live servers, FE does NOT have these same issues on the live server.

Specifically, what I have noted was that the particular section about "significantly boosting the damage of all your Fire attacks for quite awhile," is not functioning. In any fire powers, whatsoever. It will grant fire powers only the same benefits as other non-fire powers. What does that mean? The about 45% damage increase procs you would see on Energy Melee as fire proc damage will also appear for Fire attacks, but it will not apply the "significant boost to your fire damage attacks." It *only* applies the second effect of the power.

As it stands, this is actually a major blow by over 10-15% of the set's maximum potential DPS, and can dramatically alter its performance relative to other sets. 

I honestly believe this issue is significant enough in its impact to warrant major attention. 

It sounds like all you're reporting is an outdated description for the power. Fiery Embrace hasn't provided any sort of straight damage buff since years before the shutdown. It adds an extra bit of Fire damage to most attacks, that's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Vanden said. That tooltip ought to have been changed long ago since I ran with the same assumption early on HC and had to be told, and went and double checked, to see that yes, it only adds an extra fire damage to all attacks be them fire based attacks or otherwise.

Apparently it does work like the tooltip says in PvP but don't quote me.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Vanden said:

It sounds like all you're reporting is an outdated description for the power. Fiery Embrace hasn't provided any sort of straight damage buff since years before the shutdown. It adds an extra bit of Fire damage to most attacks, that's all.

Ah, you're correct apparently, this bonus applies only to PvP.... 

Which is so misleading, really badly worded, and desperately needs a new description.

My apologies, I thought with the Fire changes that this might've been a bug!

• Thumbs Up 1