10/18/22 patch with PATRON pool level selection

kelika2

I only tested it with the Mace Mastery Pool on a mastermind

But you still need level 41 (should be 38) to select Power Boost.

And yes, I have Scorpid Shield

Also Patron is in caps because the patch notes said it effected Epic pools only, unsure if Patrons counted in that

• City Council
2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I only tested it with the Mace Mastery Pool on a mastermind

But you still need level 41 (should be 38) to select Power Boost.

And yes, I have Scorpid Shield

Also Patron is in caps because the patch notes said it effected Epic pools only, unsure if Patrons counted in that

Vanden is correct. Only the Tier 3 was moved to level 38. The Tier 4 is still level 41. 

Screenshot_20221018-143954_Chrome.jpg

You can get on a team running a Patron arc at any level and get the credit for the Pools to unlock when you train for level 35, but you can't speak to Arbiter Rein as a contact to take it yourself til then. If you're unable to get on such a team, you end up having to respec as described. I'd rather have the ability to do this, rather than rely on a workaround to a problem that should have been considered years ago.

It would be consistent with the theme of Arachnos' "rise to the level you can take" (particularly with the recording of Lord Recluse's speech that's on all the displays as you enter Grandville) that, if things are changed so you are able to contact Arbiter Rein for yourself before level 35, you get a different speech -- talking about how the challenges you will face are intended for someone with more proven experience than you have, but that Arachnos will let you be your own judge of your abilities and take the challenge anyway -- and have the arc's missions locked at a minimum level of 35, so if you start early, you're 'fighting uphill'.