Any Possibility of Archery for Dominators?

Arnabas

I know it's not really the best fit because there's no good thematic match for the melee component, but I'm wondering if there might still be a possibility?

Even just a few kicks or punches could be thrown in. Or maybe a smack from the bow, reusing Staff animations. 

I have a concept for a Plant Control/ Archery character, but unfortunately it's not possible at present

I could make the concept work with Archery/ Plant Manipulation for Blasters, but the spines in Plant Manipulation are so hideous I'd never use the powerset. Unfortunately, there's no way to remove or adjust them. 

I'm just curious if it's ever been considered. 

Edited by Arnabas
Edit because I wrote Corruptor/ Nature Affinity but meant Blaster/ Plant Manipulation
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

I have a concept for a Plant Control/ Archery character, but unfortunately it's not possible at present

I guess you haven't encountered Nightshade Mantis on Everlasting. Plant Control/Trick Arrow controller that hits things like a blaster.

Otherwise if you were going to do an Archery Assault, you could have a light melee strike, and maybe a cone knockdown sweeping Strike that would reasonably make sense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Blaster archery secondary doesn't have any melee powers, so a strong argument could be made for weaving some of Trick Arrow's kit in to make a bow assault set.

You'd probably want to suggest something like:
Tier 1: Electrified Net Arrow
Tier 2: Stunning Shot

Tier 3: Acid Arrow

Tier 4: Glue Arrow

Tier 5: Upshot

Tier 6: Explosive Arrow

Tier 7: Ranged Shot

Tier 8: Blazing Arrow

Tier 9: Oil Slick Arrow

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I guess you haven't encountered Nightshade Mantis on Everlasting. Plant Control/Trick Arrow controller that hits things like a blaster.

Otherwise if you were going to do an Archery Assault, you could have a light melee strike, and maybe a cone knockdown sweeping Strike that would reasonably make sense. 

I'm not sure how they could hit like a Blaster without a blast-type power... I have looked at that combo, but the concept I have is more the archery/ attack than Trick Arrow would provide.

6 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

I'm not sure how they could hit like a Blaster without a blast-type power... I have looked at that combo, but the concept I have is more the archery/ attack than Trick Arrow would provide.

Well if I can find any time to play I can do a demonstration. That said procs like cocaine are a hell of a drug. Sadly though I have house guests this weekend so my availability will be limited.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, you could use the animation for brawl holding a bow, that little front kick, but with a purpose.  You could also grab 3 arrows and use a claws attack or two.  I think theres merit to this given some of the damage and controlly powers between archery and trick arrow.