Jump to content

Homecoming keeps crashing


meyerwolf406
 Share

Recommended Posts

my coh homecoming game keeps crashing randomly. sometimes as soon as I log into the game with my char sometimes after 2 hrs of playing. I get the crash screen with dump file with crash report options and when I try to log back in it says that account is already logged on.  It is not a computer crash but a game crash. I have verified GPU driver is up to date and am at a loss.  It's been doing this for a few weeks now and as many as 5 times a day.  I'm at a loss and looking for some help.  Every other aspect of my computer works fine no other game crash but with that being said I dont play any other game as much as COH.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. if there is a better spot for this thread plz let me know.

I have 2 1TB 970 evo plus M.2 SSD I use one for OS and misc stuff and the second just for games.  Homecoming, FH4, and some steam games not many. 668GB free on game drive. but I guess it wouldn't take much space to reinstall Homecoming on C drive

2. No Antivirus or firewall on this comp

3. I am runing ICUE software, NZXT cam for my Kraken 360 AIO and MSI afterburning with Riva Tuner but  thats about it in the background.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Game Master

Hi @meyerwolf406

So, when you crash, the game doesn't log your character out. The server doesn't know you had a software issue on your side until it can't communicate with your client anymore. Usually trying to log back in a second time will get you back in.

As for the crash dumps, have you been submitting them? If you want, I can make sure someone takes a look; PM me with a crash dump (Don't post it in the thread, it may have personal identity info on it). You can find it in (Your HC directory)\crash. Just send the latest one.

If you don't want to do that, fine! I would suggest fiddling with your graphics settings a bit. We've seen issues with the experimental Cel Shading option, so if you're using that, turn it off to see if that improves anything. If you're using HC Launcher, there's an option to "reset graphic on next run". Check that, and the game will automatically launch with minimal settings. You can turn these back up one by one to try and suss out the culprit. Make sure you UNcheck "Reset graphics on next run" before the following time that you play, or else it will re-reset your settings again!

...i hate that last sentence and wish I could think of a better way to have put that.

But nonsense aside, wither PM me the crash report, or let us know how reconfigurating your settings goes for you!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Hi @meyerwolf406

So, when you crash, the game doesn't log your character out. The server doesn't know you had a software issue on your side until it can't communicate with your client anymore. Usually trying to log back in a second time will get you back in.

As for the crash dumps, have you been submitting them? If you want, I can make sure someone takes a look; PM me with a crash dump (Don't post it in the thread, it may have personal identity info on it). You can find it in (Your HC directory)\crash. Just send the latest one.

If you don't want to do that, fine! I would suggest fiddling with your graphics settings a bit. We've seen issues with the experimental Cel Shading option, so if you're using that, turn it off to see if that improves anything. If you're using HC Launcher, there's an option to "reset graphic on next run". Check that, and the game will automatically launch with minimal settings. You can turn these back up one by one to try and suss out the culprit. Make sure you UNcheck "Reset graphics on next run" before the following time that you play, or else it will re-reset your settings again!

...i hate that last sentence and wish I could think of a better way to have put that.

But nonsense aside, wither PM me the crash report, or let us know how reconfigurating your settings goes for you!

 

 

That is exactly what happens after crash 

I have no problem DM'ing you the dump I will get on that asap. 

I was not able to find the "Experimental Cel Shading" in the graphics and audio tab.  I did find a "Experimental graphics settings" witch was already disabled 

I'll save the graphic reset on next run for a last resort as it sound time consuming. lol

Again ty very much for your help with this issue. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It literally just happened again.  on the Homecoming crash Handler I chose the send a crash report with memory dump

only difference I noticed this time was that I was afk this time I wasn't actually playing.  Not sure if that effects anything or not. I know you will get kicked for afk to long but don't think you would get a the Homecoming crash handler for getting kicked sense you should technically be still logged into the server.

Edited by meyerwolf406
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, are you talking to a vender during an all-out battle?!? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired


Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation


Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers


Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Wait, are you talking to a vender during an all-out battle?!? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

 

That's the Incarnate abilities window.  He's scrolling through the threads to common Incarnate salvage section.

 

I logged in and tested creating Incarnate salvage in the middle of combat, no crash.  Tested while doing nothing, tested while attacking, neither crashed.  If it's not the computer (heat, bad RAM, nick in the SATA cable, etc), it'll be the powers in use, the enemies or the map.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2022 at 4:45 PM, Luminara said:

 

That's the Incarnate abilities window.  He's scrolling through the threads to common Incarnate salvage section.

 

I logged in and tested creating Incarnate salvage in the middle of combat, no crash.  Tested while doing nothing, tested while attacking, neither crashed.  If it's not the computer (heat, bad RAM, nick in the SATA cable, etc), it'll be the powers in use, the enemies or the map.

 

That makes more sense.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired


Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation


Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers


Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2022 at 3:47 PM, WanderingAries said:

 

That makes more sense.

yes.  I was making salvage to upgrade one of my incarnates, Lore I think.  I can almost afk this map with just a few judgment and destiny clicks here and there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Game Master

I think Goku and Vegeta were getting jealous of your character's power level, so they booted CoH from the desktop 😃

Jokes aside, send me a dxdiag report. To do this, go into your start menu, type "dxdiag", and hit enter. Run the diagnostics, and there will be a button to save the results to a text file. Send that to me directly and I'll attach it to the bug reports you've sent in. Or, you might see something with a big red flag that can point you at what the issue might be.

  • Haha 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, GM Impervium said:

I think Goku and Vegeta were getting jealous of your character's power level, so they booted CoH from the desktop 😃

Jokes aside, send me a dxdiag report. To do this, go into your start menu, type "dxdiag", and hit enter. Run the diagnostics, and there will be a button to save the results to a text file. Send that to me directly and I'll attach it to the bug reports you've sent in. Or, you might see something with a big red flag that can point you at what the issue might be.

 

It is on its way

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...