Came back from real life issues and characters seem to be missing

LongLiveTA

Im sorry if this is the wrong area, I had something happen in real life where I was unable to play because of hospital issues. I signed into my account and my two main characters I used seem to be missing. Was there a reshuffling of the database or something that may have resulted in this or am I perhaps doing something wrong?

Yeah, sometimes they get shuffled in the display order after an update.  They might be on the 2nd or 3rd page.  Or the 80th, so Astralock's step 3 is an easier way to find them.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:55 PM, Astralock said:

1. Are you on the correct shard?  Check all five shards.

2. Are you on the correct account?

3. If you answered "Yes" to both questions, then delete the playerslot.txt file in your game's account folder.

This is normally what happens. You Should be able to simply backup the file or move it out of the folder and relaunch the game. The game will generate a new file as needed, but I'd try replacing what it makes (after closing the game) and relaunch again. If the character list goes back the way it is now, then just open the file and make sure that multiple characters don't have the same number at the end (on the same server).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)