Fire Change Discussion

Murcielago

I've never played FA but really digging the FM changes. The DDB addition is a nice little bonus while the cast time reduction should up DPS?

Fiery Melee

Combustion

• Cast Time lowered from 3 seconds to 2.4 seconds.

Cremate

• Now can knockdown foes.
  • Now can be slotted with knockback enhancements and sets.

Fire Sword

• Now does pure fire damage.
  • Now grants a small defense debuff.
  • Now accepts accurate defense debuff and defense debuff enhancements and sets.

Greater Fire Sword

• Cast Time lowered from 2.33 seconds to 1.37 seconds.

Fire Sword Circle

Fiery Aura

Rise of the Phoenix (now Phoenix Rising)

• Renamed Phoenix Rising.
  • This power can now be used when alive.
  • The effects of this power (damage, healing, endurance) will be stronger the closer the user is to death.
  • The player power can't be used if the player has more than 75% health.
  • The power will only make the player invulnerable and grant XP protection if the power is used after death.
  • Damage increased when used while dead, relative to Live.

Burn

• This power should no longer summon multiple burn patches.
  • This power should now hit 5 enemies instead of 4.
  • Procs should no longer trigger multiple times per target when using this power.
  • Burn Flames should now inherit the power Accuracy enhancements.
  • Burn Flames now inherit AT classes, caps, and modifiers.
  • While under the effect of Fiery Embrace, Burn will spawn a second burn patch for 4.5 seconds

Consume

• Power now grants a small Max HP buff even if no targets are available or hit.
  • Power no longer needs a target to grant End Drain protection. (+End still requires targets)
  • Power is now auto-hit. Damage still requires a to-hit check.
  • This power now takes Healing sets and enhancements.

Temperature Protection

• This power now grants Mag 1 Knock protection in PvE. (This is strong enough to prevent most knockdowns and some weak knockback).
  • This power now grants unenhanceable +regeneration.

Healing Flames

• Cast Time lowered from 1.5 seconds to 0.73 seconds.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Any specific secondaries you think pair well with it on a Scrapper? Or the usual suspects?

Usual suspects. I just ran my numbers paired with x/bio see to how it measures up to everything else. I know when I EVENTUALLY get around to making one it will be remaking my FM/SD.

There isn't a "bad" primary any more after this last update. That's baller.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Usual suspects. I just ran my numbers paired with x/bio see to how it measures up to everything else. I know when I EVENTUALLY get around to making one it will be remaking my FM/SD.

There isn't a "bad" primary any more after this last update. That's baller.

Absolutely. I love that they’ve brought everything up to be “running with the pack” (although some are more towards the front haha). 

Hell, I love Kinetic Melee, even though it’s one of the lower performers. My KM/Ice Armor Scrap is one of my personal faves.

FM seems like it will fit together SUPER well with Shield. Rad Armor seems like it could pair nicely as well. Stone Armor seems to go with everything. Although I agree with you… the lack of a taunt aura hurts it.

Edited by StriderIV

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

Absolutely. I love that they’ve brought everything up to be “running with the pack” (although some are more towards the front haha). 

Hell, I love Kinetic Melee, even though it’s one of the lower performers. My KM/Ice Armor Scrap is one of my personal faves.

FM seems like it will fit together SUPER well with Shield. Rad Armor seems like it could pair nicely as well. Stone Armor seems to go with everything. Although I agree with you… the lack of a taunt aura hurts it.

Man, I just really like Rad Armor a lot for some reason. Yeah, resist oriented sets aren't the most ideal thing on Scrappers to me, but I really enjoy it. I literally just completed my BA/RAD tonight.

I just like the FM/SD pairing a lot cause of the costume/concept goes with it sooooooper well. SD is another easy one to love, but man is it normally really hard to build for.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Man, I just really like Rad Armor a lot for some reason. Yeah, resist oriented sets aren't the most ideal thing on Scrappers to me, but I really enjoy it. I literally just completed my BA/RAD tonight.

I just like the FM/SD pairing a lot cause of the costume/concept goes with it sooooooper well. SD is another easy one to love, but man is it normally really hard to build for.

Absolutely. It just is so layered. Yes, resist sets aren’t typically optimal on a Scrapper… BUT Rad Armor meltdown gives a larger damage % buff on scrappers that Brutes and Tankers don’t get. I’m not saying it makes it a BETTER choice on Scrappers than Brutes or Tankers, but it is something to think about.

Also, pretty much all primaries seem to pair with it nicely. I’m looking at rolling a DM/Rad or Claws/Rad myself. Hell, the new Fire Melee may pair with it pretty well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Absolutely. It just is so layered. Yes, resist sets aren’t typically optimal on a Scrapper… BUT Rad Armor meltdown gives a larger damage % buff on scrappers that Brutes and Tankers don’t get. I’m not saying it makes it a BETTER choice on Scrappers than Brutes or Tankers, but it is something to think about.

Also, pretty much all primaries seem to pair with it nicely. I’m looking at rolling a DM/Rad or Claws/Rad myself. Hell, the new Fire Melee may pair with it pretty well.

Just keep in mind that Scraps cap resistance at 75 whereas Tankers/Brutes cap at 90. That's a big big difference. Like, my x/rad scrappers are almost all capped to SL resistance BEFORE meltdown, so I'm really just keeping it on cooldown for that sweet sweet damage boost when its up. Granted, it boosts all resists so it's pretty darn tootin' nice for other stuff too.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Just keep in mind that Scraps cap resistance at 75 whereas Tankers/Brutes cap at 90. That's a big big difference. Like, my x/rad scrappers are almost all capped to SL resistance BEFORE meltdown, so I'm really just keeping it on cooldown for that sweet sweet damage boost when its up. Granted, it boosts all resists so it's pretty darn tootin' nice for other stuff too.

Since you’ve ran a few /Rad scrappers, any primary you’ve enjoyed the most with it?

1 minute ago, StriderIV said:

Since you’ve ran a few /Rad scrappers, any primary you’ve enjoyed the most with it?

That's personally a tough question for me, but I'd have to give the nod to my Stone or Energy scraps for it.

• Like 1

Cremate being more or less a guaranteed KD now is a benefit I don't think enough people are appreciating.  It's pretty grand for both offense and defense, since a target flopping around can't hit back, nor, say, pop Elude and stall a fight for long periods of time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, BrandX said:

You're all making me want to reroll my KM/ELEC to KM/RAD 

Honestly, BOTH those combos sound like a lot of fun. KM can fit a lot of themes. My KM/Ice has everything colored blue and white and is kind of a "Cryomancer" like Sub-Zero.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Honestly, BOTH those combos sound like a lot of fun. KM can fit a lot of themes. My KM/Ice has everything colored blue and white and is kind of a "Cryomancer" like Sub-Zero.

I have to say, at the moment, I'm finding a lot of the Resist sets just more fun to pay, even if they're the less survivable sets on Scrappers.  Looking at it, looks like Radiation Armor puts Electric Armor to shame tho

4 hours ago, BrandX said:

Looking at it, looks like Radiation Armor puts Electric Armor to shame tho

I dunno man, Electric Armor is just awesome as hell thematically and play wise. I just wish it had a taunt aura on scrappers. Electric Armor is one of my personal fav sets. So...I'm biased 😄

Performance wise EleA really does do well. I'm honestly surprised more combos using it don't show up. And on Brutes/Tankers it is REALLY good.

Rad Armor feels like a mix of Dark Armor and Bio to me. I definitely used to active fire farm with a TW/RAD scrapper.

Rad Armor and Electric Armor are both AMAZING options. Now that I think about it, a ELE/SS tanker would be pretty damned hard to kill and poop out good damage. Does the tanker ATO1 proc go off in the PBAOE aura? If so...that would be whoah. People don't tank in to account the amounts of different types of debuff resistance Electric Armor gets.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I dunno man, Electric Armor is just awesome as hell thematically and play wise. I just wish it had a taunt aura on scrappers. Electric Armor is one of my personal fav sets. So...I'm biased 😄

Performance wise EleA really does do well. I'm honestly surprised more combos using it don't show up. And on Brutes/Tankers it is REALLY good.

Rad Armor feels like a mix of Dark Armor and Bio to me. I definitely used to active fire farm with a TW/RAD scrapper.

Rad Armor and Electric Armor are both AMAZING options. Now that I think about it, a ELE/SS tanker would be pretty damned hard to kill and poop out good damage. Does the tanker ATO1 proc go off in the PBAOE aura? If so...that would be whoah. People don't tank in to account the amounts of different types of debuff resistance Electric Armor gets.

Just looking at the numbers, I can get the same or better resists on Rad Armor (and Toxic Resist).  Rad Armor also looks to come with more regen, -to-hit, asorb, a +rec power, taunt, +RCH  and a T9 I'm more likely to use.

Electric has the self heal, more base +RCH (Rad Armor surpasses it with more enemies around), a damage aura (but Rad Armor has it's -to-hit/-defense taunting aura with two PBAOEs...tho I'd likely not grab Ground Zero if slots and power picks are limited).

This isn't to say I don't like Electric Armor, but that T9 could use some tweeks.  1000 second recharge (16 minutes) and at the end it drains you of almost all end and health?  Maybe tone it down to +30% Resist All (from the base 52.5%) and lower that recharge, with less sever -End/-Rec/-Health.  Right now, I use it and if things aren't dead, I can't even use Power Sink to recover the END, my toggles dropped and I have almost no health.

Taunt would be nice and a bit more Regen on Energize would be nice and maybe some Slow resist on Grounded or Static.

That said, with all the Halloween Badges I've gotten (All of them including the tip missions) I don't feel like rerolling the character now unless some NEW set pops up, that maybe entices me

4 hours ago, BrandX said:

This isn't to say I don't like Electric Armor, but that T9 could use some tweeks.

That T9 is a good set mule and never put the power on your bars!

I totally remembered when they first announced it was going to be a new set in CoV. I was super stoked. When it launched, oh man. I was super dissapointed.

Edited by SomeGuy

5 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Is there any logic behind which armor sets get taunt auras and which don't for scrappers?

Sets with an aura that do buffs/debuffs, get taunts.  Sets with an aura that does damage, don't.  Sets with no "aura" powers in the first place got auras tacked on for Brutes and Tanks specifically.  As to why there isn't just a default expectation that every set has an aura in the first place (if that's more what your question meant), I'd imagine it's a combination of "concept" and "balance".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Sets with an aura that do buffs/debuffs, get taunts.  Sets with an aura that does damage, don't.  Sets with no "aura" powers in the first place got auras tacked on for Brutes and Tanks specifically.  As to why there isn't just a default expectation that every set has an aura in the first place (if that's more what your question meant), I'd imagine it's a combination of "concept" and "balance".

I dunno. 

Ice armor is left out in the cold with that description. Chilling embrace debuffs more than most.

Dark armor cloak of fear debuffs tohit.

And elec armor drains end with lightning field.

Mudpots debuffs speed

EA actually makes sense without one given it has a stealth power too, but gets a budget one anyway. 

Unless you mean buffs AND debuffs are both required to qualify, but then invincibility doesn't make sense under that description as it only buffs.

4 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Ice armor is left out in the cold with that description. Chilling embrace debuffs more than most.

Dark armor cloak of fear debuffs tohit.

And elec armor drains end with lightning field.

Mudpots debuffs speed

All of those sets have damage auras, though, either in the powers with the debuffs (Elec and Stone) or elsewhere (Ice and Dark).

I suppose that could be seen as a little bit unfair under my initial description.

4 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Unless you mean buffs AND debuffs are both required to qualify, but then invincibility doesn't make sense under that description as it only buffs.

To be honest? I coulda sworn Invincibility did have a debuff component, but I checked and was remembering wrong, apparently.  However, it still generally qualifies under the "has an aura, but no damage aura" rule.

As for EA, yeah, it's janky, and I'm not a fan of EA for that reason.  I was opposed even way back when Castle originally introduced it, for the very same "wait, Stealth and a taunt aura in the same set? What?" reasoning you mentioned. But it still counts, 'cause again, no damage.

Edited by Lazarillo

6 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Elec/SS and Elec/MA Tankers I feel are some of the coolest thematic heroes, period.

8 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Doesn't bio get a damage aura and a taunt aura?

Huh, sure enough.  I'mma chalk that up to Bio Armor never really getting a balance pass on HC despite being unfinished/still in beta stages, when the game originally closed down.  If you were to go over the set carefully, there's probably a lot that's kind of outta whack with it.

(Also note that, personally, I would certainly like Scrappers to get taunt effects more universally applied; I'm not in disagreement with you, per se.  But the "rule" does seem to be there, whether it's a useful one or not.)

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Thumbs Up 1