Psi/Storm - is this a good combo or...?

BurtHutt

I haven't made many psi toons nor do I have many CORRs. So I thought I'd try this concept BUT I don't see anyone mentioning psi. Is it not so great for CORRs or....? I'd love to hear opinions on this and even builds if people have made this combo. 🙂 

Psi doesn't get any inherent advantage from Scourge. You still get the standard Scourge buff, but Psi doesn't take advantage of it in any way like Ice does, for example.

Personally I'd go with Storm/Psi for the added Defender buff/debuff values.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, hemij said:

Psi doesn't get any inherent advantage from Scourge. You still get the standard Scourge buff, but Psi doesn't take advantage of it in any way like Ice does, for example.

Personally I'd go with Storm/Psi for the added Defender buff/debuff values.

CORR has a Storm primary?

8 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

CORR has a Storm primary?

Defender for Storm/Psi.

There's nothing inherently wrong or bad about Psi/Storm Corr, but I don't see much value in it over a Storm/Psi Defender. That said, a Psi/Storm Corr can absolutely be a viable toon if you're not worried about min/maxing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a Psi/Storm/Dark Corrupter. While it doesn't have any rain DoT powers to get boosted by Scourge... it DOES have a neat interaction with the delay in damage on Will Domination. Depending on your distance from the target, it takes a bit of time for Will Domination's damage to hit. This means you can get pretty good spike damage with Will Domination and either Telekinetic Blast/Psionic Lance hitting at the same time and Scourging. Chews through Cyclops' and Minotaur's like butter. 

It is one of my all-time favorite toons to run +4 ITFs with. The damage is not lacking, the nuke is great and specifically with Storm, you get the benefit of non-Psi damage with your secondary and oodles of recharge with Psionic Tornado, Tornado and Lightning Storm proccing Force Feedback.

Edited by Camel

• 2 months later

I have a 50 Storm/Psi defender and it is one of my strongest people. You can absolutely floor the recharge of any mobs and so after the alpha strike they pretty muhc just stand there or run around extremely slowly in the rain and tornadoes and psi-nados and what not. I think psi-nado would be the only power that benefits well from the scourge ability everything else really doesn't get much from it. I think all the advice here that it is better on a defender is pretty accurate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Hmmm...just started a Psy/Storm Corr, now I'm rethinking maybe reroll as a Defender...? I loved the idea of a sniper attack at level *2* which can be maxed out with enhancements by level 7! But, apparently Scourge doesn't work with Psychic on a Corr - don't its powers get crits, or am I missing something else...?

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!

13 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

Hmmm...just started a Psy/Storm Corr, now I'm rethinking maybe reroll as a Defender...? I loved the idea of a sniper attack at level *2* which can be maxed out with enhancements by level 7! But, apparently Scourge doesn't work with Psychic on a Corr - don't its powers get crits, or am I missing something else...?

Scourge works just fine on Psy for Corrupters. Storm/Psy on a Defender would be alright, but I feel like the damage would be pretty lackluster.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Do these proc whenever the Tornado or Lightning Storm attacks, or only on summon?

They proc on summon regardless of if there are targets or not. 90% chance that it will proc, so if both decide to proc you end up with 10 seconds of +100% recharge, which is almost enough time for Tornado to recharge again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 3/13/2023 at 6:45 PM, Camel said:

Scourge works just fine on Psy for Corrupters. Storm/Psy on a Defender would be alright, but I feel like the damage would be pretty lackluster.

I teamed with a storm/psi defender over the weekend and really rated it. Strong pairing. She had some IOs in the mid-20s but really wasn't too jacked. Really strong toon/ player.

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

On 3/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, Xiddo said:

I teamed with a storm/psi defender over the weekend and really rated it. Strong pairing. She had some IOs in the mid-20s but really wasn't too jacked. Really strong toon/ player.

Psynderella says hello 🤗