Suggestion: random weekly Ouroborus story arc

Voltor

We already have the Weekly TF/SF and trials,   why not add a random weekly Ouroborus story arc?  People would go to the Ouroborus crystal, find the arc that is highlighted purple like the Weekly TF's are, and run it. If they have not already done the weekly TF, then they get the double merits, prisms, and notice of the well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

25 alts with all the badges!

I like the idea of drawing attention to actual story arcs in AE. I see 2 problems with that though. First is that the stories in AE are only on a single server. So flagging content for others to try wouldn't be consistent between the servers. Second is the sheer number of stories in AE and their relative quality. Randomly picked AE stories have no way of discerning if the 'story' is a farm or actual story. Picked randomly, you could get stories that are very poorly written. Which for me at least, is a put off. Not saying all AE content should be Pulitzer quality, but some of the stories I tried just made me want to cry for all the misspelled words, bad grammar, and empty dialogues.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct misspelled word and add clarification.

A couple arcs on weekly through ouro could help encourage a bit more teaming for story arcs.  I also recommend 1 signature story arc each week.  There are 12 of them and it can just go right down the line.  It would take 3 months to cycle through the list.

20 hours ago, Wavicle said:

To sort of unite the two elements of this thread:

How about a Weekly Oro arc AND a Weekly Devs Choice AE arc?

In my totally non-biased opinion, I support this 😉 

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

This is a fantastic idea!

In addition, I'd also like to see the following:

• Separate redside and blueside WST (so that each week would have a red WST and a blue one, and you could do both and get the rewards) - to increase participation in redside.
  • iTrial WST - additional VR or R on completion (in addition to the normal drop table) and 4 empyreans; lam/baf can't be the WST. iTrial rewards are far slower than grinding out empyreans via vet levels.
  • First-time completion bonus of 200% merit and arc xp for every storyarc, trial and TF in game - this way, players would actually have a reason to do them with characters other than the main badging one.
  • Reinforcing alignment for the first time on a character each week gives 200 merits - some of them morality missions are dope, and I haven't seen them in years.

The reality is that there are a handful of activites in game that pay out anything decent: marketeering, farming, hami, tinpex, the WST, and good teams running hardmode TF's. Everything else gives a pittance of xp and loot, and this is reflected in the much more limited set of commonly run activities on Homecoming (it's either the above, content with unique rewards like the FP TF's, or very low-effort content like MSR's which is basically designed for sitters). It's time to spread the love and make the neglected parts of the game more rewarding - and hence, more fun.

• Thumbs Up 1