Suggestion for a new event.

captainstar

Fun video. Something like that would work better as a trial or TF/SF. If it was made a zone event for either Dark Astoria though? Yeah, definitely not a month of illumination. That would ruin the feel of those zones. I'd give it no longer than 30 minutes. (Edit: And if it ran for a day or longer? Would preclude the possibility of others doing the same event for a day, week, or month. Not exactly a fun event if you can't do it.)

Now as a TF/SF or trial? It can be that Paragon City falls into darkness and the team/league has to fight shadows like that, figure out how to dispel the darkness, and then bring the light back to Paragon. I think that would work much better.

Edited by Rudra
Edited for capitalization and spelling errors.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Now as a TF/SF or trial? It can be that Paragon City falls into darkness and the team/league has to fight shadows like that, figure out how to dispel the darkness, and then bring the light back to Paragon. I think that would work much better.

I wonder if it would be terribly difficult to have a trial where you have to stop a ritual taking place in an instanced version of DA, and upon a successful completion, you are treated to a bright and sunny zone, (only in that instance, of course).  Maybe you can then travel around, seeing spirits being freed/ascending...

• Thumbs Up 1

As an instance or a *very* brief time, maybe.

"For a month," absolutely not.  DA's supposed to have a certain feel to it (and FWIW, I liked old DA better, environment-wise,) and "Oh, just light the whole thing up" would ruin it.

(Also, the whole *point* of new-DA is hunting and defeating something worse than just a monster - Mot.)

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I would do it where you have some banished pantheon protecting vulnerable areas of Mot.  And then you break those to weaken him a bit and start the real assault.  Probably add some captured heroes to rescue and then literally jump down his throat and take the battle to his intestines.  After getting thoroughly digested,  Mot poops you out at the real boss.  Defeat it and DA gets a few rays of sunshine.

• Like 1